Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Is there a way to save videos from a website onto an iPad? Clicking the download button just streams it.

There's an app that allows you to do this, I've done it successfully a few times.  Can't remember what it's called right now though, I'll update when I get home.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Does anybody go Geocaching? Ive recently got into it, mainly to get me out and about walking, but im finding it quite fun and addictive.

The only problem I have is when im in the countryside my phone loses signal and I can't see where the caches are. Is there something else I can get which will show the caches even in the deepest darkest countryside?

• Paid Members

Does anybody go Geocaching? Ive recently got into it, mainly to get me out and about walking, but im finding it quite fun and addictive.

The only problem I have is when im in the countryside my phone loses signal and I can't see where the caches are. Is there something else I can get which will show the caches even in the deepest darkest countryside?

I'd never heard of this until you posted. Checked it out on Wiki - sounds like fun!

• Paid Members

I'd never heard of this until you posted. Checked it out on Wiki - sounds like fun!

Download the free app and have a look at the map, there is probably some near where you are right now!

We do as a family, it's great. Gets the kids out and about and they don't even realise it. As for signal problems, we invested in a second hand Garmin Etrex from Gumtree which works a treat. Our model, which name escapes me has some sort of more sensitive receiver so have had no problems in valleys, under tree cover etc.

Not 100% but isn't it how many games each team can still potentially play in across all competitions they're still in this season? Ignore the dash, I don't think it's meant to be a minus. 

Ahh, thanks. That makes sense, I was madly assuming league only.

• Paid Members

Right, I've finally got myself an X-Box 360 and a handful of games. One of the things I overlooked was memory, and so now I can't set up a profile or play parts of certain games. What's the cheapest, easiest way to get round this? USB memory stick? Do I just stick it in that USB socket on the back?

Archived