Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
Without anything in writing, this would be a pain in the arse should someone claim to own copyright of it, and as there's no negative or master copy, it would be a ballache to prove where it originated.

Not so in this case I don't think, it's a photo of an extremely famous (yet cool) person and it would be easy to pinpoint where it was taken although it probably wasn't taken by a photographer in an artistic sense, as in someone who would expect to or desire to own copyright of the image.

Not where as in location, but where as in whose hands the camera was in. Copyright is theirs regardless of whether they realise it or want it (assuming they weren't commissioned), until they release it from themselves.

If it's essentially a snapshot (albeit a cool one), and the creator has passed it on with no means to verify that it was theirs, then you've got a decent claim to it as a legitimate orphan.

Thanks again,

What if it was like a makeup or location test photo? That's the sort of thing it is, meaning it might be possibly property of the studio that made the film it was shot for as opposed to the person who actually took the photo being important, or is the one who pressed click automatically always the copyright holder? I doubt the studio would find out of chase it up but this things don't normally fall into people's hands do they?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, if it's taken as part of a production then it would most likely belong to either the studio or the production company. They should have stamped it though, so it could quite easily have been taken by a visitor to the set, and with no details on it, I'd again claim it as an orphan.

Don't think this is really thread worthy, but would there be any interest in doing a UKFF Premier League fantasy football league?

The Fantasy prem league is the same as usual, and even though you have to re register to log on, The UKFF is still there as a league and once reactivated you will re join. Plenty of Teams already redone

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I'm experiencing a bit of an Internet issue. Saturday morning I woke up to find that there had been some kind of access gained to my emails, which had sent a spam link to everyone in my contacts. Password has been changed now, and any malware has been scanned for and removed. However, whilst my router will connect to the Internet and give me access to most websites like normal, I seemingly can't upload photos to any sites like Flickr, 4ormat, etc on my desktop. Also, my laptop upstairs will connect to the Internet but won't load any sites.

I get the message that "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" - I've Googled this and followed the advice, but still can't seem to solve the non-uploading situation, or get my laptop back online. Anyone had this happen to them and can offer some advice?

• Paid Members

Anybody recommend a good teeth whitening toothpaste? I don't have teeth the colour of a benson & hedges packet but fancy seeing if i can get a improvement.

Unless people think they don't work? I'm just a colgate man generally.

• Paid Members

I use the Arm and Hammer whitening toothpaste just because I prefer Arm and Hammer toothpaste to the other big brands and I always think my teeth look whiter after a while of brushing with it, my teeth are fine though, it might not be strong enough for teeth that are stained badly or something.

Got a slight problem here. I bought a Argos Value range DVD player a few months ago and while its great that it plays all my Xvid multimedia files it doesnt seem to have a region hack for it. Ive googled everywhere for a DP7318 and nothing seems to come up not even DVDhacks website.

Can anyone recommend a similar Portable DVD Player that will play all these multi format files like Xvid/VCD and is also able to be multi region?

Got a slight problem here. I bought a Argos Value range DVD player a few months ago and while its great that it plays all my Xvid multimedia files it doesnt seem to have a region hack for it. Ive googled everywhere for a DP7318 and nothing seems to come up not even DVDhacks website.

Can anyone recommend a similar Portable DVD Player that will play all these multi format files like Xvid/VCD and is also able to be multi region?

Was going to suggest this Xenta effort, which will play pretty much everything is easy to multiregion and cheap. I then noticed you said portable, bollocks!

Archived