Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I hate to dash your dreams bro, but you've probably left it a little late in life. I mean, even Brock Lesnar couldn't crack it and he's a physical freak.

The NFL only selects a few hundred players annually in their draft, and even among those players fortunate enough to be chosen the journey to make the opening day roster is fierce.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Are you a gamer, NEWM? Probably not the very first port of call, but you could pick up a few years old version of Madden for a few quid from a CEX or similar & play around with it a bit. Combined with watching the odd game, it can really help your understanding of the game. Did for me, anyway.

• Moderators
I really want to get into the NFL, completely from scratch.

How do I do it?

Cheers

Watching it. That's the only advice I can give. Get a team as well. If you've got a team you'll be far more enthusiastic for it. My team is the Dallas Cowboys on the basis they were good in the early 90s when I started watching it. They're shit now though.

I'm looking to buy a new pair of walking boots. They'll be getting used for both hill climbing and probably some long distance walking at some point. I'd like them to be (properly) waterproof as well. I have a history of buying boots that leak water and generally fall apart after a while. Budget is probably around

Last year I bought a pair of blue Karrimor boots for doing the 3 Peak Challenge. They are waterproof, very good grips on them and I had them on all weekend and had very little blisters/sores afterwards. They are great for every day use, and also the aforementioned hiking up mountains. Got them in SportsDirect for under

Last month I bought myself a Epson Stylus SX445W Printer. For some reason when I print something on glossy paper when using either Photo or Photo & Text after about 8 pages it ll ask me to replace the ink. Ive used ink off ebay and compatibles in my shop but they both seem to run out a bit too fast for my liking.

The annoying thing is that if I run out of Cyan it will tell me this half way through printing and just stop what job its doing instead of finishing the sheet first.

Is there any way of making the ink do more pages as its really pissing me off keep asking for ink after a couple of pages. My old printer which was a r300 did about 100 pages before asking for ink so somethings up.

Last year I bought a pair of blue Karrimor boots for doing the 3 Peak Challenge. They are waterproof, very good grips on them and I had them on all weekend and had very little blisters/sores afterwards. They are great for every day use, and also the aforementioned hiking up mountains. Got them in SportsDirect for under

Nor did I, but I asked in store and the chap said if it was marked with (A) then it was brand new. Looking around the site, those with the (A) tag seem to be standard retail price. I would have thought something like a Wii U would be something they'd stock as new though, if in fact the chap in the store wasn't a lying cunt.

Archived