Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Another footie rules related question..

What would happen if a GK picked up a pass-back, by mistake, right on the goal-line. Where would the free-kick be taken? Cheers!

I'd imagine they'd have to take it on the line or they'd just give a penalty.

Pretty sure it is taken from the 6 yard line if it is from inside the 6 yard box.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are headed backpasses still allowed? I remember when I followed football there was talk of outlawing them, but it never happened did it?

Yeah they are still allowed, and i think knee'd backpasses are still allowed to be picked up by the keeper.

Correct on both points sir.

Got a problem with my PS3 and wireless connection.

Basically when wired I got a 3.5mb download speed (yes I live in a bad broadband area). When it is through wireless it comes in at a wopping 0.50MB which is awful.

I have tried some things like turning of the media server (read you should try this online) and changing the wireless channels on the router. I am on Sky Broadband so a better router is not an option as they force you to use their own equipment. I have read about changing some options such as DMZ or giving it it's own IP address but it sounded like this would result in your connection would be at risk from virus etc so trying to avoid that.

It is driving me insane as I never used to have this problem! If anybody can help it would be great. Really don't want to have to resort to the wired option as that means another cable amongst all the others!

Another footie rules related question..

What would happen if a GK picked up a pass-back, by mistake, right on the goal-line. Where would the free-kick be taken? Cheers!

I'd imagine they'd have to take it on the line or they'd just give a penalty.

Pretty sure it is taken from the 6 yard line if it is from inside the 6 yard box.

Correct, It would also be indirect I believe.

RE: Pass backs. Kicked back to keeper who handles is an indirect freekick from the place where keeper commits the offence. If this is inside the 6 yard box its taken from the edge of the 6 yard box in line with where the offence took place. Same applies for throw ins.

Heading, kneeing or chesting is fine. However, say the ball was on the ground and a defender knelt down to knee it back to the keeper, that would be an indirect free kick from the point where he did it and a yellow card with the offence being circumventing the laws of the game.

• Paid Members

Anyone here had their wisdom teeth through yet?

I've had toothache which has gradually got worse over the weekend, turns out it's my first wisdom tooth coming in. It's shit. Think I'm going to have trouble with it but I've been told the pain is normal with wisdom teeth. It's doing my head in though, not the worst pain in the world but it's so bastard irritating.

And it's making all the teeth on my left side throb like fuck. I've read a little bit on it and apparently they can grow in dodgy and knacker up your other teeth if there's not enough space for them to grow in.

I'll have to go to the dentist this week which I hate. What's the point of wisdom teeth anyway? I've done just fine without them for 26 years. I don't need more teeth now, especially right at the back where they'll get fuck all use.

Anyone here had their wisdom teeth through yet?

I've had toothache which has gradually got worse over the weekend, turns out it's my first wisdom tooth coming in. It's shit. Think I'm going to have trouble with it but I've been told the pain is normal with wisdom teeth. It's doing my head in though, not the worst pain in the world but it's so bastard irritating.

And it's making all the teeth on my left side throb like fuck. I've read a little bit on it and apparently they can grow in dodgy and knacker up your other teeth if there's not enough space for them to grow in.

I'll have to go to the dentist this week which I hate. What's the point of wisdom teeth anyway? I've done just fine without them for 26 years. I don't need more teeth now, especially right at the back where they'll get fuck all use.

Had mine through, cause problems and 2 of them removed. Bunch of arse they are.

Clove oil is meant to be good, but I just went with the flow and pain killered as and when

Hope the wisdom teeth dont have little hooks on the bottom as they are a complete little fuckers to get out. The smell if they have to get broken up is fucking horrendous to boot

Got a problem with my PS3 and wireless connection.

Basically when wired I got a 3.5mb download speed (yes I live in a bad broadband area). When it is through wireless it comes in at a wopping 0.50MB which is awful.

I have tried some things like turning of the media server (read you should try this online) and changing the wireless channels on the router. I am on Sky Broadband so a better router is not an option as they force you to use their own equipment. I have read about changing some options such as DMZ or giving it it's own IP address but it sounded like this would result in your connection would be at risk from virus etc so trying to avoid that.

It is driving me insane as I never used to have this problem! If anybody can help it would be great. Really don't want to have to resort to the wired option as that means another cable amongst all the others!

You can ask Sky for a signal booster. They'll come out and see if they can improve anything.

The tablet I bought a month back didn't work. Sent it back for a refund, and my girlfriend bought another. That's faulty as well, and needs to go back. However, some dickhead (me) accidentally vaccuumed over the supplied USB-to-mini-USB (or micro USB, whichever it is) cable and destroyed it this morning. What impact does this have on the return, and what should I do?

Archived