Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
What times exactly are considered 'off peak' on trains? I have a return ticket to use from Surrey to Portsmouth that is an offpeak return and am planning to catch the train back at 7:30am on Monday morning? Is this ok?

Cheers in advance.

Off Peak is usually outside of the main rush hour trains so between 6-9.30am usually counts as peak some also go as far as 10am. So you might not be able to, check with the ticket office to be sure.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Wheres the Cake in the Cup Receipe. been wanting to make it again but cant find the thread on here

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

1) Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

2) Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

3) Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

4) Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! DO NOT PANIC. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

5) EAT! This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous. And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night. Om nom nom nom nom.

• Paid Members

A legal question.

How do I stand legally to sleep in my car drunk. If I park on a side road with no housing double yellow or red lines, sleep in the passenger seat and lock my keys in to boot could I legally sleep off a night out in the car without any legal issue on intention to drive under the influence or just being some where I shouldn't?

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure you can, just as long as you don't take control of the car in anyway. I know a bloke who got charged for being drunk in control of a motor vehicle when he put his keys in the ignition so he could turn the heaters on. It's not illegal to be drunk in a car, to the best of my knowledge.

• Paid Members
I'm pretty sure you can, just as long as you don't take control of the car in anyway. I know a bloke who got charged for being drunk in control of a motor vehicle when he put his keys in the ignition so he could turn the heaters on. It's not illegal to be drunk in a car, to the best of my knowledge.

excellent. I read some where they can have you for intent if you're alone and the keys are to hand. I have no idea on whats legal with sleeping in a car parked some where, and couldn't find many answers on google.

• Paid Members

Looking for an 80's/90's song with a catchy, happy tune with a hint of synth. It sounds pretty happy and chirpy, but apparently it's actually about a spacecraft blowing up. That's all I've got on it basically. The chorus finishes with the word "Again." Think it might be born again, or something similar sounding. I can't remember any other lyrics or anything, just the tune, but I don't think I could describe it properly by typing.

Any suggestions? I've been through the awesome 80's thread, but no dice thus far.

Edit: Found it! http://www.artistdirect.com/video/orchestr...enola-gay/83305 And it's actually about a bomb as opposed to a spacecraft. And it doesn't even say "Again" in the chorus. No wonder it took me so long to find it.

• Paid Members

I need a taxi number for Smackdown tomorrow. I'm getting dropped off at the Metro Centre and need a taxi from there to the Metro Radio Arena. Anyone from the area know a number/cost, etc?

• Paid Members

excellent. I read some where they can have you for intent if you're alone and the keys are to hand. I have no idea on whats legal with sleeping in a car parked some where, and couldn't find many answers on google.

This might be a bit 'bloke in the pub reckons' but I'm pretty sure that if you're in possession on the keys & drunk inside a car then you're fair game for the coppers. I remember someone telling me that if you want to sleep off drink in the car then hide the keys.

I'm after some advice for a Christmas present. My mom likes horror films and said that she always sees the adverts on the TV which look good and she never sees the film, but I'm not a fan so haven't got a clue what I'm looking for.

Can any of you nice chaps recommend some from the last few years that are good/got good reviews? She's in to the Paranormal Activity types horrors, stuff like that that is creepy rather than your slasher and gory types. Cheers

Archived