Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Moderators

I was watching that the other week. Absolutely brilliant.
Tim Horner's pretty great full stop. I've been watching some of his WCW stuff from 1995 as of late, normally against a member of Stud Stable in tag or singles, and it's all great value. Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Thats the thing with ROH. The promotion has went completely cold. Their none blind fanbase (the ones who arent "yay Cornette its 1978 and real again") dont really like the current product. They've lost Dave Lagana, who was their biggest asset if the production of Final Battle is anything to go by. And the current direction is completely mental. Steen is supposedly a heel but the fans love him and hate Cornette. The Briscoes are funny as fuck and their characters arent unlikable in the slightest, yet they thought booking them to take out Shelton Benjiman would make people hate them. Even Charlie Haas doing the "I lost a brother before, I dont want to lose Shelton" act couldn't get the crowd to boo the Briscoes. Its a mess of a promotion. It has no buzz from its actual fanbase and they've now lost the Meltzer/Alvarez push because they've took to caving wrestlers heads in with chairs. Cornette has no idea how to pace a show anymore and the current booking staff haven't a clue who the 2012 audience actually likes. Jay Lethal going over Mike Bennett sums this promotion up.Ring of Honor should be how it was in 2006 in my opinion. I used to slag Sapolsky off worse than rotten, but at least he has the formula down. If your going to book ridiculous shite, book it towards an audience who wants that. ROH in 2012 is ran by a TV company, yet the wrestling people involved arent booking it to a television audience. I cant see how PURE SPORTS BUILD followed by SPOT/NO SELL/SPOT/KICKOUT/40 MINUTES is going to appeal to anyone to be honest.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

The main problem with that superplex in the GIF is that it looks ridiculously fucking weak. No wonder they can get back up after it and do a little dance.If someone like John Cena does a superplex, it has velocity and crashes down like it will actually HURT. That move there just looks far too smooth, with little to no impact, and more like they're swimming through the air.It's why I don't like ROH anymore. Why do they insist on overbooking their main events to the point where 500 kicks to the head, 700 elbows, and 75 burning hammers won't even keep a guy down for 3, let alone kill him?ROH has no consistency in the treatment of their moves in their own company, and when you compare it to the wider wrestling business, it's even worse.I can only assume there's a mentality that kicking out of all these moves makes their guys look tougher but that's not true. They need to scale it back, start making it look more like wrestling and less like MMbAllet.

Final Battle was very average - not like ROH at all. The main event was just awful. I completely disagree with the criticisms about the booking though, it's been top notch since Delirious took over, the only criticism I have of him and Cornette is Final Battle, it was just a complete mess.

Final Battle was very average - not like ROH at all. The main event was just awful. I completely disagree with the criticisms about the booking though, it's been top notch since Delirious took over, the only criticism I have of him and Cornette is Final Battle, it was just a complete mess.

The guy with the ROH avatar and sig praising it - who woulda thought it eh?

I still like ROH. But, I must concede, alot of what people are saying is very true. I haven't watched the EDwards/Richards 3 match but watching Steen vs. Corino was a fucking joke. Steen is overcoming a bias ref and the management at ringside, and you want me to hate him? Until then I thought the angles had been done very well, sadly squandered. Plus Steen and Corino bounced from spot to spot, exactly the kind of thing I don't like. If they can tone this ring action down a bit, then I think someone mentioned it earlier, ROH has no real let up or entertainment aspect right now. Everything has gone deadly serious, which is a step in the right direction but a bit too much. Ironically what they need is a Colt Cabana or a Delirious gimmick to break the show up somewhat. Anyway, I think I'll still support ROH. But I can't remember a point when it turned like this, but I hope they can correct the formula.