Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah. Relikh was the more impressive, Burns outworked him in nothing rounds. The 118-110 was criminal.

Never been terrible impressed with Burns and his looked wankkkkkk for some time now but as long as Matchroom have 500 Miles mp3 and a Scottish market he his valuable. 

Edited by Fox Piss

The scorecards were way off, i could see how had Burns possibly edging it but i thought Relikh deserved the nod. Good fight though.

One of the scorecards was way off, but I'm not sure how you could have possibly scored the fight for Relikh. He came out fast, granted, and Burns came out slow as always, but once Ricky got a handle on things he showed the superior boxing and ring generalship en route to a decent win in my opinion.

Relikh was making the kind of mistakes you expect from someone of his experience, and he'll come back stronger for it, but there's no way he won that fight.

• Paid Members

The scorecards were way off, i could see how had Burns possibly edging it but i thought Relikh deserved the nod. Good fight though.

One of the scorecards was way off, but I'm not sure how you could have possibly scored the fight for Relikh. He came out fast, granted, and Burns came out slow as always, but once Ricky got a handle on things he showed the superior boxing and ring generalship en route to a decent win in my opinion.

Just felt Relikh did enough to at least win 6 rounds, i only watched the fight once but i probably had him winning the first 3 and definitely the last 2-3. It was very close either way. Was a good fight, Burns is getting destroyed if he makes any kind of step up at this stage. I hope he gets a big money Vegas fight but i dont see him winning one.

Speaking of which, anyone seen this Adrien Broner stuff? Likely some bullshit cry for attention but he posted photos of a gun on instagram with the caption 'im going home y'all' then posted a follow up saying '25 Minutes' and no one heard off him since. Not cool if he's fucking around.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The odds of Hayes next ooponent are interesting. Favourite is Big Daddy Lucas Brown at 6/5. Briggs is 10/1 and Hughie Fury 6/1. Sky bet must know something we don't.

According the yesterdays IFL interview the reason Haye/Briggs isnt happening is because Briggs wont accept the broadcast deal Haye is presenting. Briggs wants PPV but unless there's a World Title involved Haye says thats impossible.

Bellew vs. BJ Flores tonight. Don't know much about Flores, I thought he was more of a colour commentator these days like Paulie Malignaggi is. If Bellew wins, he says he wants David Haye next. Can't see how he would ever win that.

Aaron Pryor died this week. Very, very good boxer from the late 70's, early 80's. He's most famous for his two fights with hall of famer, Alexis Arguello. The first marred by whatever was in the pre-mixed bottle that changed the fight. Pryor was a light welterweight world champion for five years but a spiralling drug addiction crippled his career and left him with year long droughts of inactivity. Eventually hanging up the gloves in 1990 with only one loss to his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXEj58Rk76U&list=TLxI44Pvpokls'>HBO Legendary Nights - Arguello vs. Pryor Part 1

After watching the start of the program, it seems as though Flores struggled to make weight, if thats the case you would have to fancy bellew. British judging as well if it goes all the way. Matthews and Cambell should be good. I could see Cambell dominating and cruising to a points win and Derry catching him late, like he did to Coyle.