Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

boxing on 5/Spike tomorrow night...

haskinsmorales.0.jpg

Haskins defending his world title against Erik Morales younger brother, Ivan. First show from the new Hockey Arena in Wales. I was hoping to go but something came up so i couldn't make it. Think it's on 5 from 10pm. Andrew Selby challenges for the British Title on the undercard on Spike at 7pm.

Will there be a more satisfying moment in boxing history than if AJ gets to fight Fury, and takes his head off?

I mean, what a nob.

He'll be lucky to not get a license suspension this time. Tit.

• Paid Members

It's his latest way of trying to get out of the Klitschko fight without looking like a pussy and pulling out, I reckon. He never wanted the rematch and hoped Wlad would pull out by now. That's how in reading it anyway.

I see Lucas Browne has had his world title stripped off him because of his failed drugs test.

Alexander Povetkin has also failed a drugs test, they found meldonium in a blood sample which is the same thing Maria Sharapova got banned for. His fight with Deontay Wilder now hangs in the balance. His promoters must be annoyed after spending a pretty penny getting the fight in Russia, now they will have to pay compensation to Wilder who's the A fighter to make it happen.

Never even heard of, let alone seen Ivan Morales fight before. It looks like he's fought a lot of journeymen and recently lost to one. Lee Haskins should have enough to beat him but its not like he's a 118lb wrecking machine.

• Paid Members

They said on the broadcast that they sold 90% of the tickets, dunno if that was true. I only saw the Selby/Norman fight, good scrap and seemed a decent atmosphere.

The Craig Kennedy fight as chief support was a bit of a barnburner by all accounts.

• Paid Members

Wilder/Povetkin is officially off, puts a bit of a dampener on what's gonna be a quality weekend of heavyweight boxing.

...and Briggs opponent is out, fuck me!

Edited by Egg Shen

Heck of a load of boxing on today.

Undefeated Joseph Parker has already beaten Carlos Takam to make him the no.1 contender for Anthony Joshua's belt.

Sky tonight have Ricky Burns vs. Michele Di Rocco for the vacant WBA light welterweight world title. Conor Benn is also on the undercard.

Dave are showing David Haye vs. Arnold Gjergjaj

Boxnation are showing the 154lb world title triple-header. Erislandy Lara vs. Vanes Martirosyan, Jermall Charlo vs. Austin Trout & Jermell Charlo vs. John Jackson. The Charlo twins are vying to be the first brothers to hold world titles in the same weight division.

There is also the remnants of the Wilder/Povetkin card still going ahead. The main event is Denis Lebedev vs. Victor Emilio Ramirez. Both of their cruiserweight world titles are on the line.

Sky tonight have Ricky Burns vs. Michele Di Rocco for the vacant WBA light welterweight world title. Conor Benn is also on the undercard.

That's next weekend. 

The Burns fight is on Saturday, with Bellew's fight on the Sunday.