Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

That's the one Dana White is behind, isn't it? I haven't got around to watching it yet but I read yesterday that Discovery dropped the show after just one episode due to shite ratings.

Yeah, apparently they did nothing to promote it. The producers are looking to take it to a more "suitable" network apparently.

I think Khan has the tools to make it a competitive fight, his main weakness is inconsistency mainly brought on by poor fight I.Q. If you watch the Peterson, Madiana and Garcia fights, he was looking A-1 at times, then he would either get lazy with his defense and get caught, or get dragged into brawls with power punchers.

Khan is very fast, and not like the boxers Floyd has faced lately. Floyd is also not as big a power puncher as the likes of Garcia. Floyd is by leaps and bounds the best boxer that Khan has faced, but it is rare that Amir gets outright outboxed. He lost the Peterson fight on points, but it came with a ton of shady circumstances.

You have to expect that Floyd will win, and win handily, but Khan is a live underdog. I look forward to it if it does happen.

• Paid Members

Khan really annoys me. I love the guy's style - I've always preferred skilled, technical out-boxing to power-based infighting - but he's let himself down needlessly on so many occasions. He should have a much higher profile than he does, and he should have much fewer Ls on his record; his level of skill is easily world class. He needs to accept - no, he needs to be proud of the fact that he's a master "swordsman" and not a brawler. I hope he comes to this realisation soon, before his career takes a terminal turn for the worse.

• Paid Members
I don't know that much about boxing but why have the poll on Twitter if you are not going to go through with the fight people voted for?

I don't think the poll really mattered. That being said i think it's Khan (Who won the poll....After a late surge) who Mayweather will face.

Khan pretty much confirmed he signed for the fight a few weeks ago and was waiting for Mayweather to announce.

Mayweather could fuck about since he holds all the cards but i don't see him changing thing for Maidana.

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone seen it, but Boxnation aired a little half hour '...meets Tyson Fury' piece earlier (it's probably gonna be on several times before saturday). Just completely reinforces that behind the twitter account and the bravado in front of the camera Fury's actually a very sound dude, and he knows his boxing. I love to hate the guy in the best sense of the saying.