Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Carrying on from the boxing books talk, I didn't know this existed;

9781471129032.jpg

Came out in October according to Amazon. I have to get it now. Think I'll go on a mad boxing book binge. I might get this, the new Tyson and Hatton books, the Hagler book, Twice Bitten and the Alexis Arguello book I've been meaning to get for months.

Completely missed this, so I had to download it. Sky showed a new The Gloves Are Off with middleweights. Its got Darren Barker, Andy Lee, Martin Murray & Matthew Macklin talking about their careers and their futures. They also predict the Groves/Froch fight.

HBO are showing Mike Tyson's one man show tonight in its entirety. I think its before the Ward/Rodriguez fight. Rodriguez couldn't make weight so thats now a non-title fight.

Yeah, the Tyson Undisputed Truth airs at 1am our time tomorrow and then Ward/Rodriguez from 3am on wards. Both should be good viewing, shame Rodriguez for what will be the biggest fight in his career to date couldn't make the weight to make it a title fight, really poor from him. I enjoyed the middleweights the gloves are of, all of them came across well and hopefully they'll get in the ring and face one another at some point. For anybody who didn't see there's a link below for is and also for the heavyweights the gloves are of which aired a few months ago.

The Middle Weights The Gloves Are Of

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS/THE GLOVES ARE OF

Caught James De Gale's fight last night and it just lumbered and lumbered. Sure he beat his opponent on points convincingly, but lordy it was dull. If Davis could have punched I thought De Gale would have been in trouble midway through. Also De Gale seems stuck in the points means prizes mode rather than actually KOing someone where possible, having not seen much of him, is that because he's stilll in amateur mode?

Caught James De Gale's fight last night and it just lumbered and lumbered. Sure he beat his opponent on points convincingly, but lordy it was dull. If Davis could have punched I thought De Gale would have been in trouble midway through. Also De Gale seems stuck in the points means prizes mode rather than actually KOing someone where possible, having not seen much of him, is that because he's stilll in amateur mode?

He was fucked in the middle rounds because he's got no stamina, he put too much into the first 5 rounds and let Davis back into the fight. That's down to his punches having no power so he has to throw them in bunches. If you're still in there by the middle rounds, its likely to go the distance. He's only stopped one person past the 6th round. Any world title contender with a half decent chin and some power will beat him. At the end of the day, if he was any good he wouldn't be fighting in a nightclub in Bluewater.

• Paid Members

I can't stand DeGale. And it's not even in a love to hate way. Just the hate bit. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Pacquiao vs Rios and Froch vs Groves this weekend!

Pac vs Rios will be on at the usual time (2am-3amish) I assume. Or with it being in China is the time going to be all weird? I'm guessing normal time so they can show it live in the US, right?

I am getting to Manchester for 6pm on Saturday, maybe earlier if my Brother/Dad put their foot down, as the SKY broadcast is starting at 6pm and I do not want to miss Joshua or Campbell or anyone worth watching.

Haye's fight being off again, has not annoyed me as much as it should, the 3rd time he has cancelled when I have had seats in 1 year! I will just be glad to get a refund and be done. Shame if he retires, I am still a big fan if I am honest.

Pac vs Rios will be on at the usual time (2am-3amish) I assume. Or with it being in China is the time going to be all weird? I'm guessing normal time so they can show it live in the US, right?

Boxnation have got it on air from 1:30am so it looks like they will be showing the recorded version from HBO. I remember the Zou Shiming fight from Macao earlier on in the year & Boxnation showed that live in the afternoon.