Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Some good fights coming up this weekend, I'm looking forward to Gamboa/Perez, both undefeated and both have serious punching power. Gamboa has not kicked on since beating Ponce De Leon due to inactivity and another jump in weight, his second in two fights might be pushing it a bit far. For Perez this is easily his biggest fight to date in his career. I think if Gamboa wins it will be on points, if Perez is to win it will be by stoppage somewhere in the middle rounds, I'll go with Gamboa to take it on points.

oh yeh, forgot to list Dawson/Stevenson. Doesn't look like Huck/Afolabi is on any kind of English commentary channel anywhere, that's abit shit.

BoxNation have the Huck/Afolabi fight on Saturday night.

• Paid Members

I just typed "Marco Huck" into Google News. The lack of mainstream English language coverage is depressing. You've got the most entertaining man in combat sports facing Ola Afolabi, a British fighter, in a world title fight for the third time, coming off a great second fight, and no one seems to care.

• Paid Members

I certainly care. Can't wait for that fight, Maidana vs Lopez tonight as well. It's a packed night of fights but those two are the ones I'm most looking forward to. Don't forget the DeGale fight is on 5 tonight as well.Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of Gatti vs Ward 3. I remember that fight like it was yesterday. When's that Legendary Nights special on Gatti-Ward supposed to air?

• Paid Members
I just typed "Marco Huck" into Google News. The lack of mainstream English language coverage is depressing. You've got the most entertaining man in combat sports facing Ola Afolabi, a British fighter, in a world title fight for the third time, coming off a great second fight, and no one seems to care.

boxing's a weird sport in seeing what catches on...Marco Huck is one one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport but to a boxing casual he simply doesn't exist. I'm certaintly looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

In the video hype piece before his fight on Channel 5 Degale was talking about how he'd beat Carl Froch. He then went on to say something like, "Look at the fighters he's lost to. Andre Ward, Dirrrell and Taylor. He can't deal with movement." All well and good aside from the fact that Froch beat Dirrell and Taylor.

Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members

good lord, Tyson & Hughie Fury talking on TV at the same time should not be allowed.Standard night on Channel 5, always knew it was one of them showcase type shows, standout was probably Galahad for me. DeGale started brilliantly before falling into old habits, shame the fight ended like it did because it was getting good. There's something instantly dislikable about Chris Eubank Jr.

good lord, Tyson & Hughie Fury talking on TV at the same time should not be allowed.

I thought his 18 month career plan was pretty watertight. You don't get that kind of vivid imagination from Al Bernstein!I didn't really see the point in the DeGale fight. He keeps banging on about wanting a world title fight by the end of the year. Fighting unranked, old, over the hill job guys isn't going to boost your credibility or ranking. And waving that WBC silver toy belt around like it meant something in terms of promotional pull was a bit deluded.

• Paid Members

everyone's gone on jumping on the 'i want to fight Carl Froch' bandwagon since the Kessler fight, it's smart because it's getting them mentioned in the press and it's getting people talking, i don't see any of the domestic fights taking place though.Frank Warren piped in in his column, saying Froch turned down a

• Paid Members

From sounds of it Froch isn't really interested in these catchweight bouts with either B-Hop or Cleverly. Hearn doesn't want to give up two belts to go up when Carl makes Super-Middle just on weight. I think Matchroom are dying to make Kessler/Froch III only problem is i don't see it doing anything near what it did in May.Then you have Ward but going by form it would just stop Froch's momentum and kill him as a money draw so why take that? I still say why not Steiglitz? Ok not Box Office but enough to hold up interest and capture more belts the only problem is soon your going to have mandatories. I'd say Unify with SteglitzGo Box Office with a major fight with Ward (Which lets say Froch loses.)Go Box Office with a brit (Clev or Groves) as one last go. And if he wins? Money train goes on again but i just can't see other options to gain maximum money.

Edited by Fox Piss