Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
anyone think this relates to why Enzo is no longer commentating on Boxnation?

Yes. Enzo or the scouse lad who got knocked out by Groves (Paul Smith is it?) along with the main fella ain't that bad but i do feel they need a better partnership for the bigger fights.

I think Haye could make coin fighting Povetkin or even Tyson Fury/David Price. I hope and think the Vitali fight will happen, but if it does not Haye should find another fight, the Heavyweight division needs someone as exciting and talented as him.

I can't imagine Fury (or his management) wanting any part of Haye.

I think Haye could make coin fighting Povetkin or even Tyson Fury/David Price. I hope and think the Vitali fight will happen, but if it does not Haye should find another fight, the Heavyweight division needs someone as exciting and talented as him.

I agree.

Fury for the time being seems happy ducking David Price who I rate and like but it tells us something.

I know a win against someone like Haye would be a maaive coupe for Fury and Price at present not so much. However, I think Haye would hammer Fury right now and thats why it won't happen.

• Paid Members
yeh, the Boxnation crew is shit. I like John Rawling, but they need someone else in there rather than Barrie Jones, Paul Smith or Enzo. They're all bad.

That's my only beef with BoxNation. The commentary. The presentation is a bit cack but I don't mind it really, but they defo need some better commentators. I wish they'd get Richie Woodhall in, I always enjoyed his work when BBC was showing Boxing on a Friday night a few years back. And when he did the Olympics stuff aswell. He's knowledgable and comes off as a good guy.

I like Rawling too, and I'm a big fan of Bunce. I don't agree with everything he says but he's at least passionate about what he says. He's one of the best things about BoxNation for my money. Can't stand Steve Lillis at all though, just something really unlikeable about him.

I love Steve Bunce for his non-stop passion more than anything.

Rawling needs to stay. Woodhall is a good shout and I'm sure you've said it before. He knows the sport inside out and speaks well,I find he gets his point across well, doesn't tend it repeat himself time and again like some on TV and I'm sure he would be interested.

Do Boxnation use Andy Kerr ?

In a presenting and interviewing role I really rate him. Always thought he was really important in his role on the old Bunce Boxing hour. The show seemed to flow better when Bunce had a side kick and he could reign Bunce in when needed and keep him on task.

• Paid Members
Do Boxnation use Andy Kerr ?

In a presenting and interviewing role I really rate him. Always thought he was really important in his role on the old Bunce Boxing hour. The show seemed to flow better when Bunce had a side kick and he could reign Bunce in when needed and keep him on task.

Primetime use Kerr when they do their big Boxing nights. He was on the Pac/Bradley broadcast along with Buncey and Ricky Hatton. I enjoyed listening to them three.

I'd love to see Kerr back on Bunce's show as a permanent fixture. He's good on that type of show, he works well with Bunce aswell because Kerr knows when to shut the fuck up and let Bunce do his thing, and also he knows when to shut Bunce up.

Beats Steve Lillis with his shite opinions and oddly disproportionate body. Seriously, what's up with that? Big fat gut and then little skinny legs sticking out the bottom. Like a cockney Dr Robotnik.

Yeah I suppose not now, but maybe in a year or 2 if Haye is still around. I think it could do as well as Haye vs Del Boy commercially.

SHOW ME THE PROOOOOFF!!!!

Settle down, Im not just a wind up merchant I know what I'm talking about.

Im not trawling the net for you, but he said in an interview at Sky Sports News “I got caught with a lucky shot. I should never have got caught.” Garcia knew what he was doing from round one and was given no credit, until he'd probably had a speaking to that he started saying "the better man on the night won". He never admits his glaring faults, and why does he deserve a rematch? he took a beating, lost decisively and was coming off a loss (it hasnt been overturned yet).

There is LOADs of cringeworthy, big headed things he has said on Twitter and in multiple interviews in the past, stuff he's obviously been told off about and deleted on the former. Also other dodgy stuff like an interview being shut down when asked about performance enhancers,, him referring to himself as "we" instead of taking responsibility for his own lack of ring craft.... before Peterson failed the test, Khan was talking total bullshit when it was CLEAR TO ANYONE WITH A BRAIN that he lost that fight. Its plain to see his head is in the clouds... he is no "superstar". Add to that he's surrounded by morons and hangers on who say even more stupid shit than him!

Oh and Carl Froch says what HE would do in Khan's situation, Khan's response? "Everyone knows me and loves me, I make more money than you, I sell more tickets than you, Im more exciting than you" etc. He even thinks he's fought more people in a tougher division than Froch, delusional or what?

Maybe if you followed Khan closely, you'd see this shit on a regular basis. His personality annoys me, but I do root for him when he fights, same with any brit... Im just trying to show you why people hate him (and its not racism in the vast majority of cases, I know pakistanis who hate him too)

Edited by HeavyT

• Paid Members
Oh and Carl Froch says what HE would do in Khan's situation, Khan's response? "Everyone knows me and loves me, I make more money than you, I sell more tickets than you, Im more exciting than you" etc. He even thinks he's fought more people in a tougher division than Froch, delusional or what?

did he really say that?

did he really say that?

This is why providing links is a good idea.

Carl's always got his little things to say, I think I'll leave it at that really. I'm a young fighter, I'm 25, I'm not talking about retiring, I'm still young and I've got a lot in me,' said Khan, who now has a 26-3 record with 18 early wins and two stoppage defeats.

'If he wants to retire, he can retire, he's talking about retiring. I'm in a tougher division. I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him, and I think that's what burns him really.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/ar...Carl-Froch.html

So, no, he didn't really say that.

I dont exactly k ow what Khan said but it was along the lines of "I sell tickets, people want to see ME. I have a name, I have fans, blah fucking blah". He said it on his Facebook, I saw it with my own eyes. and surprise sruprise, Khan writes stupid shit on social media website and DELETES IT. and you defend him saying "I fught tougher opposition in a better division" or whatever, thats fucking ridiculous. A 100 year old Judah, the two times stopped powder puff Malignaggi, Mcloskey!!, the now exposed Maidana and Lamont Peterson are hardly a string of P4P opponents, and he lost to one of them. You wonder why people dont like him? Froch gets away with it because he gets the toughest challenges, and really is in a stacked division.

People who big up the first few rounds of a fight that there fighter was winning till he got "caught" are just making excuses. Could have happen to ANYONE? get a fucking grip, Khan ate Garcia's best(some say his only useful) shot, and he fucking telegraphs them! That would never have happened to a true "elite" fighter. Gracia knew Khan would come out aggressive, and because of Khan's lack of power, he waited for a flurry then opened up with a counter, whereas others wouldn't because of Khan's speed. Garcia has good timing and is a copunterpuncher, he was waiting for Khan to come to him to leave himself open, he wasnt just throwing shots out there and getting lucky, thats totally disrespectful to Danny.... Brits like a loser, but not a sore loser Im afraid....

If he didnt set himself up for such big falls, maybe people wouldn't hate him so much. What exactly do you guys dispute in the things I have said? simply because I cant link shit hes deleted, and Im not trawling the internet just to prove a point to strangers on the net who have no idea about boxing?

Edited by HeavyT