Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Looking forward to Quigg/Munroe and Ryan Rhodes.

I was just getting myself in the mood for a good fight when it was waved off by the doctor. It was the correct decision though IMO, it was a horrendous cut. You could tell afterwards that both men were bitterly disappointed that it ended that way, but by the sounds of it the re match is on.

The heavyweight fight they showed afterwards was probably the most bizarre fight I

• Paid Members

Yeah the Sky show last night was a right carry on. I was really looking forward to Quigg vs Munroe, what a let down. Right call but it's a shame it ended like that.

Anyone catch Chavez vs Lee? I thought Chavez looked good myself, I was a bit surprised that Lee kept trading with him though. Played right into Chavez's hands and abandoned his boxing. Good stoppage though, Lee was taking a bit of a hiding.

Oh and reports are Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 is in the works for November 10th. Here we go again.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's all a big mess. Last I heard Arum was saying there wasn't a lot of interest in a Pacquiao/Bradley rematch. I find that hard to believe personally. Granted there wasn't really much buzz for the first one but I'd have thought the outcry at the decision would get people more into a return match. Fuck knows with Arum.

Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 isn't confirmed but it's looking likely according to most sources.

Anyone catch Chavez vs Lee? I thought Chavez looked good myself, I was a bit surprised that Lee kept trading with him though. Played right into Chavez's hands and abandoned his boxing. Good stoppage though, Lee was taking a bit of a hiding.

It was a good fast paced fight. Chavez was walking through Lee's punches, he looked really strong especially as Lee had knocked out 20 of his 29 opponents. I think after the battering Lee took at the end of the fourth round and Chavez goading Lee in to coming after him, he took the bait and Chavez just picked him off.

Chavez vs. Martinez up next, billed on the same night as the Ortiz vs. Alvarez fight.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto get another crack to be honest. I thought he was on the way out after their last fight but he lgave a fantastic effort vs Floyd. He seems to be igetting back to good form. It's certainly the best he's looked post Margarito 1.

And I love watching Pacman and Marquez fight. I don't care if they fight 10 times I'm tuning in for that. Despite Manny being 2-0-1 up in the trilogy it doesn't tell the whole story and I think Marquez deserves one last shot.

I agree though, Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 is the right fight to make right now. That mess needs clearing up.

Is Chavez vs Martinez defo on then? Should be good.

So says Arum. He was on after the fight and said a contract had been signed for the fight to be at the Thomas & Mack Centre in Vegas. Alvarez vs. Ortiz will be at the MGM Grand, down the road.

I see Enzo Mac has pulled out of the rematch against Shane McPhilbin because he's hurt his hand. If the fight doesn't happen before September he's stripped of his title. He should probably just vacate it now so he can retire for his own sake.

• Paid Members

I think so yeah. When you think Sky used to charge 15 quid for one night's viewing for the big fights, Primetime do the same. You can get BoxNation for a whole month for a tenner. It's great value I reckon.

Over the last few months alone we've had Mayweather vs Cotto, Kessler vs Green, Huck vs Afolabi and Salido vs Lopez 2 which were all cracking fights. And they got Haye vs Chisora next month.

I know what you mean though it all adds up and it's a dear game when you factor in ESPN, Sky Sports and any other channels you've got.