Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Eddie Hearn jumping in the ring aside, it was good to finally see a promoter give a shit about Carl Froch. I don't know what the problem with the Hennesseys was but they were clearly asleep at the wheel after taking their commission for negotiating the Super Six.

• Moderators

I don't know if he's ready for real heavyweight colossus like them or Skelton yet, he only just started his majestic comeback. Probably best off testing himself against Scott Gammer, Julius Francis or Mark Potter before entering that warrior's arena and taking part in the true Clash of the Titans which is the British Heavyweight Scene. It's disgraceful that so-called "Boxers" like Haye, Chisora, Fury and Price are ducking those supermen.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
I don't know if he's ready for real heavyweight colossus like them or Skelton yet, he only just started his majestic comeback. Probably best off testing himself against Scott Gammer before entering that warrior's arena and taking part in the true Clash of the Titans which is the British Heavyweight Scene. It's disgraceful that so-called "Boxers" like Haye, Chisora, Fury and Price are ducking those supermen.

They're no Keith Long that's for sure.

I'm disgusted at the lack of appreciation for A-Force's herculean effort and glorious victory last night.

Nice to see that "Ordinary" Harrison has sussed out that it is easier to win a boxing match if you actually throw punches! That greedy, Overrated piece of crap owes me a refund on the money i laid out to watch him run away from that other piece of overrated crap, Haye! I have been on here a few times now, But forget these jokers trying to turn boxing into the WWE. Let's all get behind David Price, Good boxer, Good bloke & good chance of actually backing up his words. Which other British Heavyweight has all 3 of those qualities?

• Paid Members

man, that guy had it rough. I've been planning on reading his book, i'll get it now. It's crazy who he had such an impressive boxing career despite all his other problems.

RIP Johnny.

More sad news today...

In a decorated career in the boxing ring, Paul Williams picked up three belts and the nickname, "The Punisher." Now, Williams has a bigger fight ahead.

After a Sunday morning motorcycle crash near Atlanta, Williams is likely paralyzed from the waist down.

Manager George Peterson told News 12 that he's in the hospital with a surgery scheduled for Wednesday. That surgery will be to stabilize the healthy upper half of his spine by putting a protective wall around it.

Williams was schedule to fight Saul Alvarez for the WBC Light Middleweight title Sept. 15 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The product of the Aiken Boxing Club has a career record of 41-2-0, with 27 knockouts. He's the two-time holder of the WBO Welterweight championship and has held the WBO Light Middleweight belt once.

Watched Klitchsko today.

I really enjoyed, a decent documentary. Both come across as likable blokes. Even though they beat Chisora and Haye, two of my favourites I can accept they are the best Heavyweights of this generation.

I forget how much Wlad has improved from the days of getting battered by Brewster and Saunders.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

It's sad to hear about Johnny Tapia's death. I can't really say I'm shocked unfortunately, I think most people even vaguely familiar with his life story wouldn't really expect him to be the kind of guy who has a long life. But it's no less sad to hear of his death. He was a great fighter to watch with an exciting style. All action in and out of the ring. This quote from Tapia's book kind of sums him up;

"My name is Johnny Lee Tapia. I was born on Friday the 13th. A Friday in February of 1967. To this day I don't know if that makes me lucky or unlucky. When I was eight I saw my mother murdered. I never knew my father. He was murdered before I was born. I was raised as a pit bull. Raised to fight to the death. Four times I was declared dead. Four times they wanted to pull life support. And many more times I came close to dying."

The man crammed about 4 lives into his 45 years. I read his book a couple of years ago, anyone on the fence about getting it I'd highly urge you to give it a look. Incredible story.e27cf619339b06318cc004b0abd3c352_view.jpgTapia on the right with Roberto DuranAnd if anyone's not familiar with Tapia and wants to check out some of his better fights then I'd recommend giving his two losing efforts to Paulie Ayala a look and my personal favourite Tapia fight vs Danny Romero.Tapia vs Romero - part 1
RIPShocked to hear about Paul Williams too. He was all set to fight Saul Alvarez as well. Tragic to hear he's likely paralyzed for life. Edited by wandshogun09