Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6928397.stmEvander Holyfield is facing Sultan Ibragimov for the WBO Heavyweight title in October as WBA Chagaev has pulled out of the unification fight. Wow, this is almost like Rocky Balboa.

Ibragimov AND Matt Hardy? Man is really out there to slay the big guns!Been confirmed that Felix "Tito" Trinidad has signed a fight contract to face Roy Jones Jr. No confirmed date or venue but it is expected to be January at MSG. Should be an interesting one. For those with an interest in the European scene, check out the Bernard Dunne fight next Saturday (25th) on Setanta against Kiko Martinez. I tell you, this kid can bang and is a great prospect. And then it is only 2 weeks until the Witter fight... bring it on! :D

And now Carl Froch has been confirmed to fight Robin Reid in Nottingham on 2 November. I might travel north for that one as I like Froch. And before that there is Oakey Vs. Magee as well. Should be a good run to Xmas on the boxing scene.

• 4 weeks later...

What time is the Witter fight scheduled to start? And is Holyfield-Ibragimov going to be on British TV?

I don't think anyone has picked up the Holyfield fight yet and to be honest, I doubt anyone will. Setanta or Eurosport might if it is cheap enough but can;t see it myself.The Witter fight belltime is about 10.15 I think. Either way it is going to be a cracker! I am really looking forward to this fight (although not as much as Froch Vs. Reid which has the potential to be a belter!!!)

Also, this might help, the current line up for boxing on TV over the next few weeksSep 7 - WBC Light-Welterweight title: Junior Witter v Vivian Harris SS1 22.00 Sep 14 - British Welterweight Title: Kevin Anderson v Francis Jones SS1 22.00Sep 16 - WBC Super-Featherweight title: Juan Manuel Marquez v Jorge Barrios SS2 02.00Sep 21 - British Bantamweight Title: Ian Napa v Lee Haskins SS1 22.00Sep 30 - WBC/WBO Middleweight Titles: Jermain Taylor v Kelly Pavlik SS2 0230Oct 6 - English lightweight: Amir Khan Vs. Scott Lawton ITV TBC

Also, this might help, the current line up for boxing on TV over the next few weeksSep 7 - WBC Light-Welterweight title: Junior Witter v Vivian Harris SS1 22.00 Sep 14 - British Welterweight Title: Kevin Anderson v Francis Jones SS1 22.00Sep 16 - WBC Super-Featherweight title: Juan Manuel Marquez v Jorge Barrios SS2 02.00Sep 21 - British Bantamweight Title: Ian Napa v Lee Haskins SS1 22.00Sep 30 - WBC/WBO Middleweight Titles: Jermain Taylor v Kelly Pavlik SS2 0230Oct 6 - English lightweight: Amir Khan Vs. Scott Lawton ITV TBC

Cheers rubbafish :thumbsup: Edited by TheP

Anybody know if a Nicky Booth comeback is on the cards? Know all about Nicky's troubles but as a big fan of both brothers just wanted to know if a comeback was on the cards which has been mentioned.

I haven't heard anything really since he got out of clink. I am not sure if his application for a boxing license was turned down or what but he has completely vanished off the radar.Great result for Witter last night. ANOTHER step closer to the match people want but won't hapen unless Hatton loses against Mayweather and wants a draw to win back the public. 7 years unbeaten, he really doesn't get the respect as a world class british boxer.

Anybody know if a Nicky Booth comeback is on the cards? Know all about Nicky's troubles but as a big fan of both brothers just wanted to know if a comeback was on the cards which has been mentioned.

I haven't heard anything really since he got out of clink. I am not sure if his application for a boxing license was turned down or what but he has completely vanished off the radar.
Shame, he was a great fight. He had a wonderful left hand body shot. He was entertaining on the mic aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a very good fight. Unlike most, I don't dislike Jermian Taylor, he hasn't had roaring success or been particularily exciting as middleweight champ, he he took on a lot of tough fights in a row, and except the second Hopkins fight, I thought he deserved the win in all of them. But I think Pavlik will be a nice antidote to the effect Taylors had on the division, and with an exciting slugger on top, the division will recover form it's recent slump.