Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

pumped up for the froch fight, can see him losing a unanimous decision, he starts to slow and takes to many punches. can see him losing the first 2 or 3 rounds then struglling to get back into it. I just hope he puts up a good fight and makes it interesting - he normally does. i could see rnd 10-12 being a good old school ruck.

i think the yanks though have the future next 2 best pound for pound fighters in broner and ward, i think they are both something special.

The general conception points to a Ward victory via a UD, hopefully Froch can prove the majority wrong and pull out the win. I think he needs to let Ward know early on that he can hurt him, make sure he uses control aggression and go for the body. I've noticed Ward has in previous fight shown signs that give impression he can be upset by roughstuff/shots to the body. I also feel Froch needs to use his jab like he did in the Abraham fight, Ward can be stactic with his head movement, throw a few feint moments in there, but main thing is to keep Ward guessing. Nothing Ward likes to do more then feinting to the left, feints to the right without throwing a punch to take a breather. I know it's all easier said then done I just hope Froch can keep it competitive and stay within reach in the latter stages of the fight.

thing is ward can rough it up as well - also - the geezer who said boxing isnt a sport a few posts up - i would like him to explain a sport to me.... war froch..... people think froch will lose to a u.d is - as ward has hardly ever lost a round ever.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Awards Moderator

I'm looking forward to this. Brook won as expected, that last fight they showed should have been stopped waaaay sooner, but let's be honest we're only staying up for this Froch scrap. I reckon he can do it, just.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

If you saw the fight, you'd know saying that he had his arse handing to him is completely wrong. He lost because he was outworked and thought he could blast Wlad out of there with one shot. Are girls known for making excuses or are you a misogynist as well as David's brownnose?

David's brownnose? You really are a tit, aren't you Michael? :laugh:

Richie agreed with this statement;

Haye was never good enough, and still isn't good enough, to beat either of the Klitschko brothers. He'll hype this fight like he did the last in order to convince the gullible British public into paying to see him again.

What's wrong with that? Why does that make him a "brownnose"? Get a grip.

Three things really irritate me. Firstly, it's the Klitschkos and Bonte come out of everything smelling of roses, despite being as up to their necks in the stinky shit of heavyweight boxing as everybody else. Bernd Bonte is basically the new Don King. Secondly, while I'm a fan of Haye's from his cruiserweight days, I hate how I have to defend him against myopia. It's tiresome when people ignore logic and the way the fight game works to talk shit. This leads me onto my third point. Why does boxing turn normal people (and David) into shit-talking wankers of the highest order. It's not a sport, it's violent showbusiness. It's undignified and trashy. It's like US reality TV. Enjoy it for what it is.

I didn't actually see anyone ignoring how the fight game works, and I don't think anyone (including me) doesn't know how it works. That said, we don't have to agree with it, do we?

Besides, whichever way you carve it up, I said that Haye would have pretty much no chance against Wlad, and I was correct. That performance was a complete shambles, and his pathetic excuse making afterwards was cringeworthy.

• Paid Members

Ward vs Froch was decent. Not the barnburner I was hoping for though. Ward did pretty much what I expected, closing the distance and not letting Froch fight at his range. I thought Froch would be able to drag him into a scrap for some of the fight at least but Ward did a great job of smothering Froch's work and made him look very ordinary for most of the fight. It wasn't the most exciting fight to watch but the one sidedness of it was pretty impressive from Ward's end. The last 2 rounds he looked pretty knackered though so cardio is probably gonna need some work.

I dunno how 2 of the judges had it 115-113. Didn't think it was that close to be fair. Nice to see Froch take the loss in good spirits.

the geezer who said boxing isnt a sport a few posts up - i would like him to explain a sport to me....

I think it's easier to list the ways in which boxing is a sport than explain how it isn't, they're so innumerable but here's one; there are four main world sanctioning bodies and none of them are trustworthy or have a shred of credibility. The oldest has two or three world champions at every weight, the most prestigious has had corruption problems, the third is money and power hungry in the extreme and the fourth favours dreadful fighters. All of them favour certain fighters and certain promoters for no logical reason other than corruption.

• Paid Members

Reports that Sergio Martinez vs Matthew Macklin been agreed for March 17th.

And there's stuff on various boxing sites that Manny Pacquiao has said he'd consider taking a lower share of the money just to get the Mayweather fight done.

Seriously, from everything I'm reading lately it seems like both Pacquiao and Mayweather just want to get this fight on now. Yet every time there's negotiations there's always something or someone stopping it.

Can't we all club together as Bob Arum's Secret Santa and send him a hitman for christmas? I bet the fight would get made within 1 day with that pink faced, baggy skinned fucker out the way.

Edited by wandshogun09