Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm all for Eubank/GGG now, a couple of fights ago i laughed at the thought of it but Eubank just seems to have gone through the gears. Saturday's performance was pretty scary, Doran was well out of his depth but Eubank's ability to finish the fight at will was super impressive, when he steps on the gas he's a dangerous man.

Didn't really think much of Johsua/Breazeale. It was the kind of the fight i'd have liked to have seen Joshua in a couple of fights ago, Breazeale was limited but tough, at least he didn't just lie down. It's still the kind of the fight that leaves more questions than answers for me, Joshua was controlled but seemed a little laboured as the rounds went on, im not entirely sure that he can 12 hard rounds. Still, for a first defence i'll let him off.

Was unable to avoid the Thurman/Porter result which sucked, seemed like a top fight though.

• Paid Members

Just a quick heads up...

The 30 for 30 documentary Chasing Tyson about his two fights with Evander Holyfield is on BT Sport 1 on Tuesday night at 9pm. Haven't seen it yet but heard it's good.

• Paid Members

been announed that Sergei Kovalev/Isaac Chilemba fight will be live on Boxnation next Monday, dunno why's it on a Monday but it'll likely be on a decent time as the fights in Russia.

a56e45bd633fe4c0d6660b7782b7ad5e36a9e95d

• Paid Members

Woah, very bold move from Brook there. Don't like his chances but fair play for going for it. He'll still be Welterweight champion if it goes tits up anyway, apparently. GGG needs a big name to scalp to help hype up a match VS Canelo (next year?).

apparently. GGG needs a big name to scalp to help hype up a match VS Canelo (next year?).

This fight won't help in that sense as Brook isn't a big name, his is coming up two weight divisions and the fight is in England. It's a money fight for GGG, needs someone to fight and credit to Brook for taking as he is going to earn big money, keep his belt at 147 and when he gets destroyed it really won't matter in terms of his reputation as people will give him major props for having the balls to go up and attempt such a challenge.

• Paid Members

Brook's a big enough name i reckon, he did beat Shawn Porter remember. Brook needs this fight as much as GGG though, he's teetering on stardom, if he somehow wins this he's made.

There's a shift in boxing at the moment where fighters are looking to come here to fight because the UK scene is thriving and there's money to be made here.

...and to whoever asked about Brook being a big welterweight, he is.

Brook's a big enough name i reckon, he did beat Shawn Porter remember. Brook needs this fight as much as GGG though, he's teetering on stardom, if he somehow wins this he's made.

There's a shift in boxing at the moment where fighters are looking to come here to fight because the UK scene is thriving and there's money to be made here.

...and to whoever asked about Brook being a big welterweight, he is.

He's not a big enough name to help make a Canelo vs GGG fight any bigger then what it already is right now. GGG won't get any respect in the States for smashing Brook up, just like Canelo didn't for knocking out Khan, but he may as well take it as he has no mandatory to face and Canelo refused to fight. Brook has everything to gain here and nothing to lose, you seem to think this is some major fight for GGG, cant say I agree and I say that as a huge GGG fan, its just a really good pay day and he may as well take it if the best fighters closer to him wont fight him.