Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Well Frampton looked spectacular. That really felt like the birth of something special, not just on a fighter level but in terms of occasion and atmosphere that was pretty special...it was like watching a Ricky Hatton fight.

I'm not sure Parodi was a world level fighter but it was a perfect showcase for Frampton in Ireland. If they nail down a world title fight in Ireland for Frampton, it will be insane.

Ii had 50 quid on providnikov at evens, i thought theres no way alvarado could cope with his style, i think someone like floyd or if bradley fought him again could make him look limited. great fight. Alvarado has no decent defence, he reminds me alot of gatti, who will try to box but then gets clipped and goes to war. From the start i thought provodnikov was always the stronger and always the hunter and alvarado could not keep him off. I would have loved to have seen Provodnikov v Hatton. I think Hatton would have been able to tie him up, hook and hold style.

Frampton Quigg has to happen, maybe a contract that says one fight in Ireland and one in Manchester - if the first one is close.

Anyway, heres a clip from Eubank on ringside a while ago, brilliant, he discussed Hamed.

All of the rounds (2, 3 & 6) Alvarado clearly won were where he was sticking and moving. He would of won the 7th if he didn't throw it away at the end. He didn't use his height or reach advantage in the other rounds and tried to trade. The 2nd Rios fight showed, to beat a one dimensional fight (like Provodnikov) you need to keep moving and wear them down. Work the body so they stop marching forward and to tire them. Danny Garcia against Lucas Matthysse, prime example of a heavy punchers armaments disintegrating as the rounds wore on.

• Paid Members

Whilst i agree, when a guy like Provodnikov keeps coming at you like a fucking machine and anything you throw at him seemingly has no effect it's very hard to stick and move for 12 rounds. Alvorado started well but the relentless pressure and Provodnikov's dynamite power finally caught up with him. Impresive performance.

The Sugar Ray/Duran and the ITV Hatton documentaries were both fantastic.

I was at the Hatton fight live and had not watched any footage since then. It was a sobering to watch, and I felt as bad for Ricky after watching the documentary as I did in the car on the way home on the night.

A true great of British boxing, there is a reason why he was so beloved and other UK fighters who are just as successful are not. He is just really likable and down to earth, I really hope he finds a happy place. The conflict with his parents is a really sad state of affairs, I remember being only 13/14 and watching the Ben Tackie win, and Ricky jumping out the ring saying "I have done Mum and Dad" as Tackie was the first fighter he beat who was considered near world class.

I am still kicking myself I went to Raw in Birmingham in 2005, when I could have in retrospect used the same money to see Hatton biggest win a few months later in Manchester. That was one of the best nights in British boxing history.

James Toney has entered Prizefighter for November 14th!

LINK

I don't care what anyone says about it, that has car crash written all over it...and i'll be watching :thumbsup:

Yeah, so will I.

Get A-Force in there as well I say.

Legendary Fight- Gatti vs Ward is a cracking watch. Boxing documentaries have come along thick and fast the past 2 weeks or so.