Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed that. Really exciting 5 rounds and the atmosphere was incredible.

The finish was great. Chisora's always had a solid chin and was a good bit heavier which makes it all the more impressive. Haye was up in points and winning the rounds but he did look winded after a couple of rounds, he was feeling the pace no doubt. That monster of a left hook couldn't have come at a better time for him I reckon. And Del Boy running onto it just made it even more devastating. He showed bollocks to get up from that. That last combination was class, almost every shot landed and the final two (right to the temple, left hook to the jaw) were too much for even him to come back from. He still got up but he was clearly done.

Chisora did himself a lot of favours with how he carried himself post fight. He was very gracious in defeat and came across 100x better than he did in Germany. Hope we get to see Haye vs Vitali. Would be a good farewell for both of them.

Oh and sorry to anyone who I didn't send streams to. I was gone offline by the time some of them posts were made.

Can't wait for the Khan fight later.

Edited by wandshogun09

That was a brilliant finish. It was really the only way you can take a guy like Chisora out, Haye's power is frightening. Good to see it all squashed afterwards and time to move on from the dramatics of Munich. Haye/Vitali needs to happen, I would like to think after seeing that Vitali will be more keen to fight Haye and not worried. Atmosphere was electric, one of the best I've heard in many years following boxing. Hopefully Khan/Garcia comes close to that in terms of excitement later tonight.

Anyone who need a stream for Khan PM me by around 1am.

Haye was great tonight, I had him winning every round other than the 3rd. I think Haye could beat Vitali who has slowed down a lot, Wlad maybe the best Heavyweight but currently Haye is second.

Del Boy could rematch Tyson Fury or test to see if David Price is as good as me and other think he is.

• Paid Members
That was a brilliant finish. It was really the only way you can take a guy like Chisora out, Haye's power is frightening.

Yeah, his power combined with the speed advantage done Dereck in. I think most people, I'm sure me and you posted, that Haye's speed would win him the fight but I thought it would be on points most likely due to a combo of Chisora's toughness and Haye's time off maybe making him a tad less sharp. But he couldn't really have dreamt for a better finish there.

Even if the Vitali fight doesn't come off now, which I really hope it does, that's not a bad way to go out at all is it. In front of a rabid crowd, in the biggest domestic heavyweight fight in years, and putting out a tough guy like Del Boy with a highlight reel combination. And cashing in well in the process. He'll be happy with that. A Vitali fight would be the icing on the cake though and would be the most meaningful fight he could go out on at this stage.

That was a brilliant finish. It was really the only way you can take a guy like Chisora out, Haye's power is frightening.

Yeah, his power combined with the speed advantage done Dereck in. I think most people, I'm sure me and you posted, that Haye's speed would win him the fight but I thought it would be on points most likely due to a combo of Chisora's toughness and Haye's time off maybe making him a tad less sharp. But he couldn't really have dreamt for a better finish there.

Even if the Vitali fight doesn't come off now, which I really hope it does, that's not a bad way to go out at all is it. In front of a rabid crowd, in the biggest domestic heavyweight fight in years, and putting out a tough guy like Del Boy with a highlight reel combination. And cashing in well in the process. He'll be happy with that. A Vitali fight would be the icing on the cake though and would be the most meaningful fight he could go out on at this stage.

It's the way to take a guy like Chisora out. That's the problem with the style Chisora has is that when he gets in close he has to throw some bombs and we all know how good Haye is punching on the back foot, and especially when he moves out of the way of a on coming punch and leans forward to land his blow. I thought Haye in opening two rounds or on points beforehand. Chisora became more wilder as the fight wore on and that's suicidal against someone with the power of Haye. Now I know why he comes in at 15 stone, as regardless if he is 15, 16, 17 and so on it doesn't matter as his power is just there.

It's better to go out that way then the way it looked like he has against Wlad. I think he needs to Vitali fight bad, it must haunt him still the performance he put in against Wlad last year, the injury or not and it certainly didn't help but he didn't go for broke at the end when it was clear he was going to lose the fight on points. Funny thing is if he did get Vitali and somehow managed to win the fight, then he could get the rematch against Wlad which i'm sure he wants but he knows he'd have to beat older brother first to get it. Whatever happens in Haye's future from here on out, there's no doubt he had a great career and he did it his way.

I wouldn't exactly call him 'chinny' as he got hit with bombs in the 4th round and was still standing. His defence just isn't good enough. Whats the point in being so quick and not using it correctly? He just seems to want to prove to people that he can take a shot which he'd already proved in the Maidana and Peterson fights.

No Mayweather fight then!

I like Khan despite now looking like a fool as I told my Brother last night he would win for sure, I am not sure where goes from here.

A Peterson rematch is the best he can really get, Kell Brook and Eddie Hearn are not interested. I agree he is chinny, but that is not his problem, its his defense and the fact he gets his gameplan wrong. Johnny Nelson was spot on last night and in the build up, he was clearly annoyed and frustrated with Amir on SKY.

Maybe we will see Floyd face Garcia now in December.

I hope eventually David Price and Nathan Cleverly get promoted proper, they may tole under the radar on Boxnation, British boxing needs recognizable faces, with Froch having only a few fights left, Haye only fighting again if Vitali accepts and Khan now back at the drawing board, it really needs stars.

Kell Brook is showing the most promise despite his cardio in his last fight.

The shot that sent Khan flying in the 3rd was a shot to the ear. I think there is a major vessel or artery around there which will set your equilibrium all over the place if you get punched there. The referee did a good job stopping it in the 4th, Khan's legs were gone, he was still throwing shots because attack is his only defence but what he was getting hit with was way too much. It was ironic to see him continually get warned for pushing at the end as well, it must be when he's not in his comfort zone he starts doing that.

• Paid Members

a quality night of fights.

Boxing to most people is about finishes, the casual fans like to see people get knocked out and last night will have done boxing no harm whatsoever.

Haye/Chisora was great fun, there was no way the fight was going to be boring based on Chisora's come forward style. Haye was pretty much punch perfect though, he dealt well with the pressure and got his shots off at the same time. The finish was devastating, that first left hand that he threw would have knocked out 99% of human beings, it was brutal. Chisora got up and started throwing punches back, absolute insanity. He went out on his shield, props to him.

If anyone still thinks that this was a bad thing for British boxing are crazy, this thing got eyes on the sport and it did deliver, some people will moan 'ahhh they didn't really hate each other' because of the mutual respect afterwards, but it's always great to see it squashed in the ring, great stuff. I was pretty surprised Haye came in to the most cheers, i thought people would still be against him for the Audley debacle and the Wladmir performance, if there were any doubts though he erased them last night. Weird how things change in boxing.

Amir Khan however is due a backlash. The casual fans in this country will never let him forget the Prescott KO and now they got more ammunition. They won't see the absolute classics that Khan's been involved with (Maidana, Peterson, Garcia), they won't see the heart the guy has to fight, they'll just see that he got dropped and they'll love it. Khan was looking good last night and simply got caught, his defences let him down again, he always seems to ship massive shots. The first shot destroyed him he tried getting back into it but his legs were gone. The 4th round was as gripping a round of boxing you'll see all year, Khan's instincts let him down again, he tried going punch for punch with Garcia and finally it caught up with him.

Max Kellerman summed it up perfectly at the end and said Amir Khan is great for boxing, never a dull moment and that's what the fans want...fuck the haters.

As for the future, surely it's time for Kell Brook/Amir Khan? It makes perfect senes to me!

• Paid Members

Does Khan need to change his whole set up?

I like Khan partly due to the fact i think he could beat most but some of his decision in the ring have been awful. The ref give him far to long to recover in round 3 the fight should of been stopped then.

Khan would kill Brook in my opinion.