Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 Capturing The Atomic Bomb Not YouTube, and not even video, but I'm putting it in here as I figure people come to this thread to see stuff that's awesome, and I think this qualifies.
Paid Members CuckedByMenry Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdv_oNq81I...player_embedded You think your commute to work is bad? Fuck that. I may very well have vertigo now. Jesus, that made me feel cold.
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted September 15, 2010 Awards Moderator Posted September 15, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdv_oNq81I...player_embedded You think your commute to work is bad? Fuck that. That is fucking incredible. Imagine getting to the top and remembering you'd left your butties in the car. As everyone's said, those bastards should be getting a serious amount for that.
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 I do hope they get paid an awful lot. I'd be curious to know what the fatality rate for someone doing that job is, too. Thats exactly what I was thinking. Theres NO fucking safety harness at the top, I got the shakes watching that. Slipping on a rung or tripping over a cable and you're fucked! It's not even a proper ladder, and some of it they're just scrambling over the framework. I wonder if it actually would be safer for them to abseil from a helicopter onto it. Straight to the top, clip the harness to the frame, unclip from from helicopter. Reverse the process when they're done.
Paid Members Wretch Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M Absolutely mental. Few things that really struck me. 1) I'm guessing they check beforehand anyway, but what the hell do you do when you're that high up and all of a sudden it starts to rain? 2) I love in the narration when it says "Now we've reached the top of the antenna, it's just another 60 feet to the top!" Just ANOTHER 60 feet?! After all of that?! 3) Just the sheer lack of safety equipment and serious danger. There's a couple of bits in that video where they are basically switching platforms, like kids in a play park on a climbing frame. Surely in 2010 this could be improved somehow? The helicopter idea was pretty good I thought.
Paid Members FLips Posted September 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2010 Gives me goosebumps just watching it. Why would anyone apply for that job?
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2010 I'd imagine a shit load of money. You'd be considered a specialist to do that, so can command a decent fee, and I suspect you wouldn't be doing it every day.
Paid Members Mike Castle Posted September 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2010 1) I'm guessing they check beforehand anyway, but what the hell do you do when you're that high up and all of a sudden it starts to rain? I actually noticed that when he's getting near the top the voiceover guy points out that he's checking the weather because there's no quick way down if there's a storm... wouldn't you be checking that shit BEFORE you're 1600 feet in the air and unable to get down quickly? The latest possible time to be checking the weather forecast would be as you exit the lift, any point after that is just too damned late.
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted September 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2010 1) I'm guessing they check beforehand anyway, but what the hell do you do when you're that high up and all of a sudden it starts to rain? I actually noticed that when he's getting near the top the voiceover guy points out that he's checking the weather because there's no quick way down if there's a storm... wouldn't you be checking that shit BEFORE you're 1600 feet in the air and unable to get down quickly? The latest possible time to be checking the weather forecast would be as you exit the lift, any point after that is just too damned late. Exactly. I'm no weather expert, but I'd imagine depending on the length of time it takes to climb the damn thing there's a strong chance that there could a shift in the change of weather, like the wind mph could increase or it could start to lightly shower or even worse. Plus, what if their weather forecast turns out to be wrong? What the hell do you do then? I'm guessing just start climbing down at the earliest possible sign of trouble and then just gutting it out with lots of rest stops along the way? I can safely say I'll think twice now about complaining about my working environment!
insert_name_here Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M Am i the only person here who's thinking they'd love to do something like that?
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted September 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M Am i the only person here who's thinking they'd love to do something like that? Ish. I'm well aware that I'm a considerable spaz when it comes to agility, so if the safety harness issue was revised I'd give it a go.
Jimmy_kahoona Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M Am i the only person here who's thinking they'd love to do something like that? Ish. I'm well aware that I'm a considerable spaz when it comes to agility, so if the safety harness issue was revised I'd give it a go. Its a bit like fucking a fat chick. Its not the doing part thats the problem, its the falling off from height!
CAREBEAR LUVVA Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 I never tire of this video - "sidewalk interview gone bad" Includes a busty lady so maybe don't watch it if you're at work...
DeanoTheGame Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 Wankers have taken it down, so here it is again for anyone who's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuzrIN_x2M It's been taken down again. Anybody got another link? Really interested in seeing this.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.