The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

To pay for those bets, i'll be doing the following:

Wi Dud - 2:50 Nottingham

Montaff - 3:50 Nottingham

Plus a little each way double.

Happy Punting!!

So near yet so.... to be fair nothing was beating Opinion Poll yesterday, very impressive, had it in a treble with Kyladdie and Ella, always one too far on these damn accas.

Have a little fancy for My Will in the National on Saturday, ran well over C+D to finish 3rd last year and has only 2lbs more this year, im a big believer in experience over the fences being a big help.

Yeah, I think I could have ridden Opinion Poll yesterday and still won. Ah well.

Today is pretty tricky, i'll be doing a bit of pointless punting to try to make a few quid.

Starting with:

2:00 - Tidal Bay to finish 1st or 2nd @ 7/2 with Bet365. Bit of a sentimental bet this, as I can't see it beating Big Bucks, but i'd rather do the 7/2 for a top 2 finish, than back each way at 5's.

• Paid Members

Back to the drawing board with Tidal Bay. It never looked interested yesterday. Nice to see that the bookies benefit that was the Cheltenham Festival has continued at Aintree with yesterdays winners returning at 3/10, 40/1, 5/2, 50/1, 20/1, 4/1, 16/1 and the only favourite to win was Big Bucks.

Yeah I've pulled the ladders up on Tidal Bay now. Just a sentimental couple of quid - heart ruling head and all that.

Mad Max was seriously impressive yesterday, could be one to follow next season.

Todays bets:

2:00 - General Miller

2:35 - Ogee

3:10 - Jack The Giant

3:45 - Frankie Figg

4:20 - Kennel Hill

4:55 - Special Envoy.

All the above just for bits of interest to watch on TV really, before Araucaria hoses up in the last.

He says...

i didn't realize the decent prices they give on nba games i went for a triple. only one came up that was the pistons to be Miami. pistons were 6/1. saying that most teams can beat any1 on the night 6/1 was huge.

I've been paying out National bets in my shop all day today and I still have at least 100 or so slips left to be collected. About time the bookies took a hammering after the last few big race days.

You know Spring/Summers starting when Windsor starts appearing on a Monday! first meeting is tomorrow. Cheltenham kicks off a summer of evening racing on Friday.

Watching the Masters with no financial interest just really hoping that Choi takes a nose dive, got a really arrogant punter who thinks the world of himself with a lumpy e/w bet on him and could really do without his gloating face tomorrow.