The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Well the IPL is under way.

Very one sided opener yesterday but today's game could well be a cracker.

Just read that Mumbai have a perfect record of four wins from four at the home ground of the Royal Challengers.

Was going to back the Challengers with Chris Gayle opening and AB in the squad but he isn't in India yet so won't play today.

Virat Kholi takes the role of captain this year for the home side and Ricky Ponting will lead out Mumbia.

Really looking forward to this one.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm not really worried, regarding the de Villiers bet I posted, about him missing one match - there are so bloody many games in the IPL it will hardly make a difference unless one of his teammates gets a century. With Mumbai having Malinga in their bowling attack, I don't see that happening.

I enjoyed that game but Bangalore nearly threw it away with a dreadful last over from Dan Christian. I don't get why the franchises bid for him. He went for a ridiculous price the last time he was in the auction and never did a thing, and yesterday scored 4 off 12 balls and went at over ten an over. Bad decision by Mumbai to open with Punter and Sachin, and then have Pollard come in so low.

Aintree day two today.

4 strongly fancied favourites - Sprinter Sacre/My Tent Or Yours/Dynaste/At Fishers Cross. The first two should win, but the last two are reliant on softer ground. I'm on Super Duty and Road Our Vinnie instead.

And Criqtonic in the Topham Chase.

Aintree day two today.

4 strongly fancied favourites - Sprinter Sacre/My Tent Or Yours/Dynaste/At Fishers Cross. The first two should win, but the last two are reliant on softer ground. I'm on Super Duty and Road Our Vinnie instead.

And Criqtonic in the Topham Chase.

I had an odd fiver in my william hill account, and whacked it on those four favourites on a whim. I'm 80 quid up on the deal. Cheers, I owe you a beer.

Edited by Philo_Vance

• 1 month later...

Waiting on Watford to get promoted (4/5) along with Miami Heat (9/4) to win the NBA championship for a four fold along with Munich (4/5) and Froch (4/7) on my last bet of the summer. San Antonio are playing really well though in fairness so it's all in the balance. Hopefully Watford do the business especially with Glenn Murray crocked with the unfortunate cruciate ligament injury.