DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members
Masters of the Universe

Was on ITV4 Last night. Thought it was pretty cool. Had never seen a Dolph Lundgren film other than Rocky IV. Anyone reccomend other good Dolph films?

Red Scorpion

He steals ,Johnny Mneumonic

Dark Angel

and though i havent seen it for years, i didnt think his version of the Punisher was too bad

Showdown in little tokyo is far better than any of those films, so is universal soldier.

He's done a few straight to DVD films in recent years, Missionary man is good, Diamond dogs is ok (I'm being kind) and the defender is fucking abysmal (I'm being kind there too)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Also watched Deathproof. Good fun. Kurt Russell is fantastic, as is Vanessa Ferlito's lapdance. Rose McGowan's death was so sad. :(. Man I love her. I know they're not supposed to be judged separately but I must say I preferred Planet Terror.

Agree on both counts, especially Rose McGowan, I've fancied her for years. Can't say the blonde suited her and she's far more sexier in Planet Terror.

watched Phantasm the other night was really good. i love 80's style horrors with the fake blood and stuff. loved the way at the end it lefted you wanted more which means you have to see phantasm 2 to see what happens

so i brought the boxset (the one that comes in the sphere was sold out everywhere) and watched phantasm 2 tonight wasn't as good as number 1 but was good and once again it lefted itself open for phantasm 3 so tomorrow night i will be watching number 3

• Paid Members

Watched 'I'm A Cyborg But That's OK' today. From the guy who did Oldboy. I fucking loved it. It has a very funny concept and only a vague plot to the film so here it is: basically it's set in a mental hospital and is based around a girl who thinks she's a cyborg and her wish to murder all the staff so she can escape and give her Nan (who thinks she's a mouse) back her dentures so she can eat raddish and on the way forms a strange relationship with another patient whose known as a theif and claims he once stole Thursday. That is actually the film I didn't just make that all up.

The film is really sweet and funny, I was enchanted by the thing. The main actress is impossibly not to fall in love with and all the cast do a great job playing a great selection of freaks and nutcases. The music and visuals are just beautiful to match. A really unique film that has been completely overlooked.