DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

No Jim Carrey! :(.

Anyway..

Night At The Museum

I thought this was pretty good! Had a great cast with Robin Williams, Alan Partridge!! Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Made for the kids.. but I enjoyed it too! The short old man was hilarious!

I Am Legend

I watched this in Dublin (went there for a minibreak and had nothing to do for a few hours). The screen area is just huge compared to Leicester! And the curtains closed after the adverts.. which made me think wtf!

Onto the actual film. It was really good. Everytime theres an ending where the main guy dies without actually stopping the problem, leaves it a little flat. Had the same problem with Little Miss Sunshine.. where I just thought 'is that it!?'

Apart from that.. I loved it. Will Smith was amazing.. just like he was in Pursuit of Happyness.

Edited by Murtz

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jim Carrey! :(.Anyway..Night At The MuseumI thought this was pretty good! Had a great cast with Robin Williams, Alan Partridge!! Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Made for the kids.. but I enjoyed it too! The short old man was hilarious!I Am LegendI watched this in Dublin (went there for a minibreak and had nothing to do for a few hours). The screen area is just huge compared to Leicester! And the curtains closed after the adverts.. which made me think wtf!Onto the actual film. It was really good. Everytime theres an ending where the main guy dies without actually stopping the problem, leaves it a little flat. Had the same problem with Little Miss Sunshine.. where I just thought 'is that it!?'Apart from that.. I loved it. Will Smith was amazing.. just like he was in Pursuit of Happyness.

Spoilers you twat!!!!!

Dragged along to see St Trinnians.Awful, just awful. Made worse by the cinema I was in - there was a woman there who thought that the sight of a man in drag was the funniest thing ever and sounded like she was having a seizure and as for her reaction when the dogs name was revealed as Darcy well words fail me.I also think I must be getting old - I sat through the whole thing listening to the crude bulshit being spouted thinking 'how can this be a 12A?'. Honestly it made the Carry On films look like the height of subtlety.

Dragged along to see St Trinnians.Awful, just awful. Made worse by the cinema I was in - there was a woman there who thought that the sight of a man in drag was the funniest thing ever and sounded like she was having a seizure and as for her reaction when the dogs name was revealed as Darcy well words fail me.I also think I must be getting old - I sat through the whole thing listening to the crude bulshit being spouted thinking 'how can this be a 12A?'. Honestly it made the Carry On films look like the height of subtlety.

Sounds fun :laugh:

Finally got around to seeing Terminator 3. Which was actually not that bad, I really expected it to be utter pants, but ended up quite enjoying it, even if Nick Stahl does look like a mongoloid. If you were a fan of the first two (and who isn't?) I think you'll enjoy this, because for what it was, a mindless, violent romp it was good. Plus, the ending was awesome and Claire Danes is great in this, as is Stahl and even Arnie, given such a wooden character can't balls it up, anyway, I don't mind him, he amuses me. I never thought i'd say this, but roll on number 4! Which apparently will star Christian Bale as John Connor.

Edited by Gossy

The ending was awesome??Come on man!

The whole "logical paradox - does not compute - system shutdown!" way that Arnie died was so hilariously weak.

I think that was one of the stupidest things ever...

I was referring to the

atomic bomb going off anyway, killing the world

I love that stuff.

The ending was awesome??Come on man!

The whole "logical paradox - does not compute - system shutdown!" way that Arnie died was so hilariously weak.

I think that was one of the stupidest things ever...

I was referring to the

atomic bomb going off anyway, killing the world

I love that stuff.

• Paid Members

Last night I watched No Country For Old Men. It's pretty damn awesome and in a brave move doesn't go the way you expect a movie to go but I think on multiple viewings will be really something special. The character of Anton is also one of the scariest motherfuckers in movie history. Highly recommended.

• Paid Members

2001 A Space Odyssey - I'm probably the last person in history to get round to watching this but I wanted to wait until I could get a 2 Disc bells and whistles version. I finally have that version and watched it today. Now obviously I've heard it being some big visual feast that changed the lives of Steven Spielberg blah blah blah. So naturally I assumed it would be good but far far too over rated. It really really wasn't, I honestly think its one of the best films ever made. The sense of control that comes with every shot literally blew my tiny little mind. It actually had more of a narrative than I thought it would, which made it all the more compelling. For this film alone Kubrick is one of the greatest Directors there ever will be and if I could I would go out of my way to shake his hand. If you haven't seen it you really should.

• Paid Members

I just wondered if anyone has seen Apocolypto made by Mel Gibson? I noticed the DVD in WH Smith today and it's interesting, it's set in ancient South or Central America it appears.

Yeah I've seen it. Its quite cool. Its really just an over blown action movie under the pretense of something important because its all in some old tribal language. Its very violent and gory so if you like that type of thing its worth a watch.