DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

So no Titanic wasn't the greatest film in the world. In my opinion it was ok, in your opinion it was shit, but look 82% of reviews said it was good. Your opinion isn't wrong, my opinion isn't wrong. But its clearly a good movie that people who enjoy that genre will like reguardless of what we think.

Can't be doing with this fence sitting. If you think it was 'ok' it doesn't matter how many people think it was awesome it is still, IN YOU OPINION, only 'ok' and not 'clearly a good movie'. Denying yourself the right to think what you want is rather daft don't you think?Formulate an opinon, make sure you can back it up and to hell with what the rest of the world thinks.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ this argument isn't stopping and is going nowhere.I have to stay up till 3 tonight as I am going on my hols. I plan to watch a DVD but I'm not sure what yet. I am thinking either Stand By Me or The Breakfast Club...which is better?

Just watched Green Streets on ITV , Elijah Wood getting embroiled in football gang warfare , though it was pretty good , the fight scenes were suitably brutal , although the end scene where both sides were standing around one dying guy was a bit too neat and tidy and hollywood for my liking .Theres a film on tuesday night I tried to watch a few years ago when it was first shown on TV but after about 25 minutes I had to turn it over as it seemed surprisingly tedious , the Tim Robbins film " The Player " . I'm tempted to record it and give it a 2nd try , what do you guys think of it , is it a good film thats worth a 2nd chance or will my initial opinion thats its tiresome be justified after I've watched the whole thing ?

• Paid Members

I just watched "Elizabethtown". Curse you Cameron Crowe for making a good rom-dram-com!

i watched Cameron Crowe's movie Singles last week, which was excellent. I ain't usually a fan of the rom-com, but guy always seems to put out good ones that sway away from the sappy norm. that is a romcom. I stuck the movies of his i havn't seen at the top of my rental list including Elizabethtown.

• Paid Members

Flirting again eh , anyone else got an opinion ?

Green Street is one of the worst films ever made, whilst The Player is one of the best.
Worst film ever made is a stretch but it is crap. Its not even even the worst hooligan film ever made which has to be Rise of the Foot Soldier. I'd certainly be hard pressed to find what was 'pretty good' about it either way. I haven't seen the Player so I can't comment on that.

• Moderators

Worst film ever made is a stretch but it is crap. Its not even even the worst hooligan film ever made which has to be Rise of the Foot Soldier. I'd certainly be hard pressed to find what was 'pretty good' about it either way. I haven't seen the Player so I can't comment on that.

Good call. You could make a pretty strong case for Rise of the Foot Soldier as the worst movie ever made. Certainly the dullest. Green Street is terrible, and contains the worst English accent of all time - from an Englishman.1148564249.jpg"Sten yo' ground an' foit!"

• Moderators

Good call. You could make a pretty strong case for Rise of the Foot Soldier as the worst movie ever made. Certainly the dullest. Green Street is terrible, and contains the worst English accent of all time - from an Englishman.

It's odd how that can happen. I was shocked when I found out the police chief in LA Confidential is actually Irish.