DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on Rod, tell us why Southland Tales is good.

I just really enjoyed watching the film. Does everything need a full-blown review nowadays?
I love how people give me shit for supposedly being negative, yet when I actually ask someone to give some positivity, I get shot down. Don't get me wrong, this place is full of fence-sitters, but to proclaim you have a "hard on" for something and then shirk away from explaining just why you feel that way when asked, is pretty pathetic.

Donnie Darko was shit though, so this isn't that unexpected.

It had one more Echo & The Bunnymen song than Southland Tales did, though. Edited by Toilet Duck

• Paid Members

Go on Rod, tell us why Southland Tales is good.

I just really enjoyed watching the film. Does everything need a full-blown review nowadays?
I love how people give me shit for supposedly being negative, yet when I actually ask someone to give some positivity, I get shot down. Don't get me wrong, this place is full of fence-sitters, but to proclaim you have a "hard on" for something and then shirk away from explaining just why you feel that way when asked, is pretty pathetic.
id say it's more pathetic to spend all your time online trying to convince people that everything they enjoy is shit.

• Paid Members

Watched the entire Bourne Trilogy today. First time I've done such a thing with a series of films, and wouldn't mind doing the same again. Each one was decent in it's own right. It's just a shame that whenever the camera focussed on Bourne after an action scene, all I could hear in my head was "Whose house? Run's house!" or "Matt Damon" Team America style. :/

I have no problem with Seven and, to be fair, everyone can be negative. I'm fully aware that there are a million things that can be said against Southland Tales but I really enjoyed it. To be honest I'm just too fucking lazy to explain why I did so. To attempt to condense it; the cast were great and the soundtrack rules.

• Paid Members

That's actually not what I do, but whatever, keep stalking me.

nah it's just kinda like you're on a constant mission to put people down.you just come across as a smug cunt. Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

yeh i got no problem with his reviews, i read em...whatever.the thing i don't like is if someone says they like something, he challenges them to tell him why. What does it matter?

• Paid Members

the thing i don't like is if someone says they like something, he challenges them to tell him why. What does it matter?

I'm with Seven on this one, if you can't justify your opinion, you don't deserve to have it. End of.

Southland Tales is a piece of shit.

I think this kind of post is why people get frustrated with Seven sometimes. Something like this without even attempting to say why he feels that way and then expecting everyone else to write an essay on it.... Frustrating see!That and the fact that too often he just jumps in and keeps hammering away that his opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.Mostly though he gives a good opinion on things, even if you don't agree he usually feels strongly about something and a lot of the time's he's right when he outlines exactly what he feels about things. He's quite a rare poster in that he sometimes makes you think about things that you wouldn't normally give a second thought too.I do feel there's some over analysis sometimes though.But hey.He's right about Southland Tales anyway.Even if he is wrong about breast feeding :D

• Paid Members

I'd like to hear your opinions on "Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors". I enjoy reading it.

It's fucking brilliant. Easily the best Nightmare film by a long way. I could have done without the skeleton bit though.