Jump to content

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Bloody hell, it is right outside the White House too. Like I said months ago, someone better now do a Goldberg entrance through the House, otherwise what a waste!

Posted

On the Belal show, all of the branding for this seems to be "UFC at the White House", which was bizarre. I think they occasionally referred to it as Freedom 250, but it was mostly the other name, which from a branding point of view seemed very strange.

 

Unless I was day dreaming, but Im sure the picture of Pereira used during the Belal show had him with a full head of hair and also a beard! Didnt even look like him, and I cant even find the image online. Will have to scroll through the show just to double check Im not going crazy.

  • Paid Members
Posted

All the videos of him falling asleep during press conferences and him having to do his most recent rally sitting down. More and more experts believing he has dementia and is essentially a ticking clock at this point.

Would be fitting if Trump snuffed it at this event, wouldn’t it?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't imagine this will make any difference, but I thought I'd share it anyway:

image.thumb.png.12891d1fcafd735c67ba37a8add4a08d.png

 

Oh and on a related note, looks like some WWE Superstars will be around :)

May be an image of crowd and text that says "USO รุรลน WWE STARS T APPEAR AT UFC FREEDOM 250 FAN FEST BRON BREAKKER CHARLOTTE FLAIR CHELSEA GREEN THE MIZ TIFFANY STRATTON TRICK WILLIAMS THE USOS UFC FREEDOM FREEDOM250 250 FAN FEST LIVE APPEARANCES PHOTO OPS AUTOGRAPHS FUN FOR FUNFORALLAGES ALL AGES EPICDA UNFORGETTABLE STARS"

  • Paid Members
Posted

The ship sailed on Chael Sonnen with me a long time ago, but this takes the fucking cake.

I'm all for a bit of hype and bluster, but Nickal and Daukas are both unranked, why would Nickal even think to call for a title shot, there's at least 15 men above him he hasn't beaten any of them, and the one he's fought stopped him.

Plus, the White House has a planned attendance of 4,000 people. Chael says there'll be 85,000 people on the lawn.

The man is smoking crack at this point. You can't take anything be says seriously.

Posted

The 85k thing comes from the free event they are doing nearby where you can watch it. That has 85k tickets for the public. How many will actually show up is another thing.

 

The less said about the Bo Nickal stuff, the better.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 6/8/2026 at 2:06 PM, Dai said:

Unless I was day dreaming, but Im sure the picture of Pereira used during the Belal show had him with a full head of hair and also a beard! Didnt even look like him, and I cant even find the image online. Will have to scroll through the show just to double check Im not going crazy.

Probably not the picture you’re on about but…

IMG-6262.jpg

He’s been rocking the hairier head/face in a few bits I’ve seen lately. And between that and the potbelly, he just looks like a man who can’t be arsed anymore and I’m starting to worry that this Heavyweight move is more because he just wants to eat more than it is him having any real genuine aspirations of a serious run in a third division. Heavyweight is so shit now that he might potentially be able to half arse it and still hold gold at some point. But I’m getting Heavyweight Gustafsson vibes myself. 

Can’t see that lawsuit being successful in stopping the show but for anyone who wants more info on it, Luke Thomas did a quick 10 minute breakdown here…

 

Posted

I'll give it them it looks spectacular I can't believe it.

I'm so excited for this one it's a card filled with almost guaranteed finishes in the fights, I don't know why Justin has decided to piss off ilia but he's said he is getting it done in 2 minutes......and I believe he can do it.

Absolutely sucks being on Sunday but shit happens it's only once innit 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just read that Pereira checked in at 258lbs. Two fifty eight! I don’t know what I expected when Pereira’s move to Heavyweight was announced but I didn’t think he’d be close to the 265 limit. Fuck me.

IMG-6405.jpg

He looks weird. Not obese or anything but he’s clearly not in optimal fighting shape at Heavyweight. I really hope he chins Gane but the more I see him the more the doubts creep in. 

Posted

258! That's more than Overeem at the back end of his UFC career. Probably more than Arlovski too I bet.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that he walked around at 235, 240 when he was fighting at 205, but those extra 10-15lbs in such a short time is going to be mostly fat. He will surely have the Jon Jones belly fat for this one.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Although, saying that, being a bit of a chubber didn’t work out too bad for Jon boy against Gane did it.

IMG-7009.jpg

IMG-3888.jpg

Posted

Haha, it worked out very well for him. The power of the gut. Surely the biggest choke in the history of the sport, that. Losing to Jones certainly wasn't, but just the manner isn't happened, and the speed it did too. Nothing tips that on the bottle list.

Looking at that Pereira pic you posted again, and he looks like Bigfoot Silva when he started rocking the hair and beard look. Hopefully a better chin than him, though.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Dai said:

Looking at that Pereira pic you posted again, and he looks like Bigfoot Silva when he started rocking the hair and beard look. Hopefully a better chin than him, though.

That’s the thing, the jury is out on Heavyweight Pereira. We don’t know how he’s gonna handle taking punches at the higher weight, or if his own power will carry up. There’s a chance he isn’t as durable or powerful at Heavyweight as we’re used to seeing him. We won’t know until we see it. We saw him get brutally knocked out by Adesanya at Middleweight, for fuck’s sake. Granted some of that could’ve been the weight cut to 185 making him less able to absorb the shots. But seeing him get chinned at 185 like that is a bit worrying when you think how far up in weight he’s come in just three years since. If he does wallop Gane early though, that will confirm 100% that his power has came with him to Heavyweight because for all Gane’s flaws, he’s never been knocked out and I can’t even really remember many cases of him being visibly rocked. Pereira coming up in weight and KOing him in his Heavyweight debut would be quite a statement.

This is easily the most interesting fight on the card for me. Might not be the best fight on the card when it’s all done and dusted but it’s really intriguing to think about how they’re gonna match up. It’s not even the first or second choice of Heavyweight fights on this card. Aspinall vs Jones or either against Pereira were surely at the top of the list of HW fights the UFC wanted for the White House. But considering it’s Pereira’s first time at HW and given Gane’s awkward style, his speed and his movement for the weight class, it’s a fascinating one to me. I keep going back and forth on it. But sadly I think I’m leaning towards Gane winning. I’d love to be wrong and Poatan chins him but I can see Gane being really tricky for him and, until we see it, I just can’t be confident that Pereira’s gonna land the killshot up in weight against a guy who’s not the easiest to land clean on. And that’s before we even factor in Gane’s bag of tricks when it comes to fouls. Bad feeling about it. 

Posted

Honest to god Alex pereira is a crazy unique specimen. How in the fuck did he fight at middleweight when he has moved two divisions to heavyweight and looks like he looks. This man was made in a basement by chemical spillages so unbelievable.

I wanted him to brutally clean ciryl when it got announced and now we are here and see that man I feel slightly sorry for gane jesus christ.

 

Say what you want about the ufc and dana and pretty much every criticism is warranted and deserved but this machine is incredible and what they've created for this is seriously awe inspiring I'm more excited than I was for the sphere. 

Pretty much every fight has finish ending from it and every fighter is going to steal the show and if not they don't deserve the opportunity on the card. It is abit shit no women are on it I know the exciting choices are one in a million but they exist.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...