It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

Just now, no user name said:

Well it's largely subjective. There are many things that make a match greatĀ 

Ā 

Indeed. It's why when people say, for instance, 'Hulk Hogan was not a good worker'.

Are you kidding? He could have crowds cheering just by lifting a finger. He could sell and his stuff looked good. Do you mean he didn't do flips? If that's the criteria then, yes, he was terrible.Ā 

2 minutes ago, no user name said:

I think I've worded my original post a bit wrong. I meant I've heard he's not the best wrestler or the best talker.Ā  I don't really know much about him. That was why I didn'tĀ  know why he was being pushed so hardĀ 

Ā 

I did it for @The Gaffer

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Indeed. It's why when people say, for instance, 'Hulk Hogan was not a good worker'.

Are you kidding? He could have crowds cheering just by lifting a finger. He could sell and his stuff looked good. Do you mean he didn't do flips? If that's the criteria then, yes, he was terrible.Ā 

To be fair I may have thought that before. I'd still rather see omega v osprey but I understand what he did well more than beforeĀ 

4 minutes ago, no user name said:

To be fair I may have thought that before. I'd still rather see omega v osprey but I understand what he did well more than beforeĀ 

As you say, it's personal preference/subjective.

All anyone is saying when they go 'He can't work' is really 'I don't like watching them/I have a set idea of what being able to 'work' is'. - which is fine, obviously, but isn't necessarily true.Ā 

22 minutes ago, no user name said:

I think I've worded my original post a bit wrong. I meant I've heard he's not the best wrestler or the best talker.Ā  I don't really know much about him. That was why I didn'tĀ  know why he was being pushed so hardĀ 

He's getting pushed so hard because he's the best at what he does. You may not be into what he does, and thats fine. You may enjoy "workrate" matches more, but theres a lot more to wrestling than that.

It's OK not not enjoy something, but to not understand why millions of others do is absurd.

32 minutes ago, no user name said:

If youā€™ve got a spare hour and half, and want to know why, itā€™s worth digging out the Roman biography that was released a week ago. It tells his story well, both personally and professionally, and you can see how heā€™s gotten as far as he has.

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

He's getting pushed so hard because he's the best at what he does. You may not be into what he does, and thats fine. You may enjoy "workrate" matches more, but theres a lot more to wrestling than that.

It's OK not not enjoy something, but to not understand why millions of others do is absurd.

Did you read the post mate? I said these were things that I had heard not that they were necessarily true. I didn't say anything about not liking his style. It was a question. I said in a different post that wrestling was largely subjective.

Did you read the post mate? I said these were things that I had heard not that they were necessarily true. I didn't say anything about not liking his style. It was a question. I said in a different post that wrestling was largely subjective.

I think you need to re-read your own post mate.

1 hour ago, no user name said:

I got to ask. What is the big deal with roman reigns. I struggle to really see it. I mean he's not the best wrestler. He's not the best talker. What is so good about him? Or is it just that he's marketable?

Ā 

24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

As you say, it's personal preference/subjective.

All anyone is saying when they go 'He can't work' is really 'I don't like watching them/I have a set idea of what being able to 'work' is'. - which is fine, obviously, but isn't necessarily true.Ā 

Yeah I agree. It's like the hogan v rock match. It's not a technical masterpiece at all but its still a great match.Ā 

Edited by no user name

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think you need to re-read your own post mate.

Ā 

I corrected it in a later post though where I said that I had heard these things and that they werent necearily what I thought.Ā  I haven't seen many of his matchesĀ 

Edited by no user name

I corrected it in a later post though where I said that I had heard these things and that they werent necearily what I thought I haven't seen many of his matchesĀ 

OK, well if you'reĀ heardĀ he's not the best wrestler and you'veĀ heardĀ he's not the best talker then go on youtube or the network and watch some of his stuff for yourself and make your own mind up.

3 minutes ago, no user name said:

I corrected it in a later post though where I said that I had heard these things and that they werent necearily what I thought I haven't seen many of his matchesĀ 

I reckon not seeing it is probably why you've struggled to see it, then.

On a wider point, trying to attach objective criteria to what 'good' is in wrestling is nuts. It's just a stupid bit of theatre that occasionally makes you feel something and often doesn't, and what that is mostly unique to the individual - and when enough individuals agree on something being good, that thing is over and we can all have a lovely time.

You can tell me all day why Mark Henry isn't any good, but I'm still going to smile, leave and watch the salmon jacket promo on YouTube.