PFL vs. Bellator - Seize the Throne (24th Feb)

Egg Shen

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Few weeks out, but I thought this show deserved it's own thread considering the stakes involved, and that it brings together 2 of the biggest promotions in the sport, plus adds the money of his Excellency to oversee the muthafucker. This could be the start of something pretty great. It's even got a bit of an old school UFC tagline too, lovely stuff.

b20753fdfdacc46920a4aa82ec455a6a.thumb.jpg.68b4b6afb7f88b051117439a51de0f1b.jpg

I woulda typed it out, but there's a nice graphic already available for us:

GFQpi4GW0AAYhj0.thumb.jpg.fcceffa2f397934fe63ebaf575d464e8.jpg

One Champ vs. Champ fight has already fallen off. Magomedkerimov is out and Ray Cooper III is fighting Jason Jackson.

I guess if you were to draw up a dream PFL/Bellator card the Championships fights we have probably wouldn't be on yours lists, but the PFL has a habit of throwing curveball results at us. I don't think anyone would have predicted guys like Pinedo and Kasangany were ever going to win the PFL Seasons but they got there.

The real fun fantasy matchups's are underneath for me. Santos/Romero & Collard/McKee standout for me, but there's not a dud fights between them all. Couple of PFL's showcase projects on the early undercard like Ali-Walsh and Shields.

In all there's 8 PFL vs. Bellator fights taking place, here's my quick predictions:

Bader, Eblen, Jackson, Pinedo, Nemkov, Romero, McKee, Pico.

7-1 Bellator. I could even see them sweeping this at 8-0 to be honest. I'd be pretty shocked if PFL ended up with more than 2 wins on the board. Worth noting too that this fight is fought under unified rules, so elbows will be allowed, unlike in PFL Season fights, which sucks.

I'm not 100% sure how this airing over here, i'd imagine it's a PPV through DAZN. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely deserves its own thread. I rarely venture outside the UFC for MMA these days. Not that I don’t want to, just rarely find the time to add more combat sports to my viewing habits. But this is one I’m definitely gonna make time for.

Some really fun fights throughout this one. Those 3 fights in the middle bit there (Cappelozza vs Nemkov, Santos vs Yoel and Collard vs McKee) are the highlight for me. Love that Impa’s getting that spotlight as well, although I don’t give him much of a chance at all against Eblen.

Good stuff.

• Paid Members

Could have done with the @wandshogun09 preview treatment really. Feel free to add it on bud.

Yeah Impa was one of the stories of the PFL last year. Came off as a great guy on a subsequent episode of the MMA Hour as well. He's got lofty ambitions and wants all the smoke, but like you I don't fancy him against Eblen.

I picked Pinedo over Pitbull but that's a shot in the dark really. Id expect Pitbull to be the favorite but Pinedo is going to be riding a massive wave of confidence against a guy who's lost his last 2 fights, Pitbull could be on the slide.

The other one is perhaps Ferreira over Bader, if that is kept standing Ferreira will flatten Bader but it'll likely be dragged to the groud.

The other 6 i'm heavily leaning Bellator. Quite interested to see the odds.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they are going with the PFL commentary team for this, so I assume Goldbergs days as an MMA commentator are over. That'd assuming he's still been doing the Bellator shows recently? Big John is an analyst now for this show so he's off the commentary gig too. 

Dan Hardy, Randy and Chael as colour commentators sounds pretty good. 

• Paid Members

Nah, Goldberg was let go. Bellators usual commentary team was Mauro Ranallo and Big John. I love Mauro, Big John is the utter shits.

Goldberg calls boxing now for ProBox TV

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dai said:

Dan Hardy, Randy and Chael as colour commentators sounds pretty good.

Yeah that doesn't seem too bad, from over here at least. Depends on Chael's mood I guess. Glad it's not Mauro. Unlike @Egg Shen, I couldn't stand him. 

• Paid Members

Pinedo/Pitbull is off. Only 2 Champion vs. Champion fights left, bit of a bummer.

Speaking of bummers. I think the show is on DAZN PPV over here too which is utter nonsense.

• Paid Members

Updated fight card.

Patricio Pitbull is back on, he's fighting Gabriel Braga now (who was meant to fight Pico). Glad they've got Pitbull back on the card.

Aaron Pico now fights Henry Corrales in an Bellator fight.

20240220_180437.thumb.jpg.c7581ea712382a49ef09c23260bd403b.jpg