PFL vs. Bellator - Seize the Throne (24th Feb)

Egg Shen

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
On 2/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, Dai said:

Watched all the main card, and nothing there made me want to watch the PFL shows going foward. It certainly didnt help that this 'Supershow' was being held in a Wrestlemania 9 style car park, and was less than half full.

I dunno if many fans were that invested in the brand war enough to determine what they would watch going forward, just knowing both rosters are all under the same umbrella makes it pretty exciting. Styles make fights and I think the fights too and the matchup's heavily favoured Bellator, and it played out as expected pretty much.

The show was supposedly sold out, seemed to be lots of empty seats about though. I think alot of fans turned up for the first two fights involving the Saudi fighters then fucked off after it, those two fights had the best atmosphere on the night too. 

I enjoyed the show though, fights were decent and there were a couple of cracking finishes. 

* Vadim Nemkov looks legit as fuck at heavyweight, can't wait to see how he gets on going forward. 

* AJ McKee reminded everyone who he is. He was one of the more hyped fighters in the sport for a minute, I think it went to his head then it all died off. This was AJ McKee at his best though.

* Eblen/Kasanganay was FOTN. I think Eblen just pipped it but it was close. This could have done with 2 extra rounds. 

* Had a feeling Ferreira was gonna do that to Bader. It was best case scenario for PFL if they wanted to provide a challenger for Ngannou, I just don't see it ever happening. Still, it probably did enough to make fans want to see Ferreira's next move.

Apparently the Champs show is gonna be a once a year tradition, so that pretty much confirms Bellator is still going to run as a seperate entity of sorts. I still hope there's more regular crossover of the rosters though.