PFL vs. Bellator - Seize the Throne (24th Feb)

Egg Shen

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Stakes have been raised, PFL confirmed the winner of the main event gets Ngannou next. Whether or not that happens is another story, but it's the right way to play it.

If you're the PFL, you gotta be hoping Ferreira gets it. He's abit of an unkown quantity to most fans, but Ngannou vs. A 6ft 8in wrecking machine who wins most fights in the first round is what you want.

• Paid Members

Haven’t paid close attention but saw bits on Twitter earlier. Apparently Pitbull made weight but Braga never weighed in, he got taken off the card and the fight got binned. To be fair though, I didn’t know this but read that Braga’s dad got murdered in Brazil just last month, so it’s crazy that Braga was even gonna be on this card anyway really. Poor prick.

They should’ve gone with Pitbull vs Pico. 

Fucking hell that's awful and yeah pretty unrealistic too take a fight like this and be ready and fully prepared for it. 

Gutted for Pitbull I really do like and rate him so I hope it will be a easy task too move him to the next card 

• Paid Members

He's a big ol' biscuit. If the PFL has any real shot at having Ngannou fight for them, Ferreira is the opponent isnt he?

Watch Bader lay on him for 3 rounds tomorrow now.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Imagine making Ryan Bader look like a child? 

IMG_9367.jpeg

Jesus christ, he's enormous. He's surely up there with Stuve and Schilt as the biggest guy ever. Surely he's cutting to get to 65 too. 

As this is getting closer, are people still hyped with for this show? I stopped following Bellator a long time ago, and have never watched the PFL, so it has no interest for me, but just wondering if theres still a 'supershow' feeling about it. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, i'm all in @Dai. If i wasn't on Dad duty this evening I may have even begrudgingly paid the PPV price, I'll find it via alternative means tomorrow though. It is a shame the card they initially announced fell apart though.

Still, i'm excited for it, but that's as someone who follows the PFL and Bellator. Im not sure how much interest this generates outside of to a small hardcore following but I think the PFL is all about making things seem a bigger deal and they probably are. The whole setup looks pretty spectacular from what ive seen.

As for the fights, its a quality card. I still dont see the PFL fighters winning more than maybe one fight but its gonna be solid regardless.

Main card is on the PPV, but the 5 fight undercard is free on DAZN 1 (on Sky) or the youtube channel. Decent little 5 fight card in its own right.

20240224_085533.thumb.jpg.f784e07613c4dfa310f2dc6f9cc7d6b6.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

Watched all the main card, and nothing there made me want to watch the PFL shows going foward. It certainly didnt help that this 'Supershow' was being held in a Wrestlemania 9 style car park, and was less than half full.

With the exception of the main event, Bellator showed that they were hundreds of levels above the PFL, which considering the PFL is going to be the brand from now on, Im not sure what good (from a marketing point) could come from this show. Some of the matches were pretty much squash matches, and was very embarassing for the PFL.

With the exception of the Yoel match being your typical Yoel stinker, I enjoyed it, despite the Bellator guys clearly being a level above. Ferreira had the perfect result to build the hype for his Francis match.

I fucking loved this main card and watched yesterday before UFC Mexico and it absolutely delivered

That main event went absolutely batshit and not what I expected considering the entire rest of the card belator destroyed Pfl