Wrestling Awards - Biggest Letdown 2023

Wrestling Awards - Biggest Letdown 2023  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing can beat Ric Flair for me, it's a decision that is pretty much impossible to defend. As far as Cody goes, I think he's had a brilliant year, and the threat of him not winning it will heighten the emotion for me this year. Assuming they don't do something insane and have him face Seth Rollins, this will almost certainly end up being an all-time Wrestlemania moment for me. The outcome doesn't feel obvious, and I think that'll benefit him in the long term - the sense of him being the 'chosen one' has gone, in spite of the fact he likely is exactly that. For me, at least, they've not killed the power of the moment. 

• Paid Members
On 1/31/2024 at 1:30 PM, RedRooster said:

The outcome doesn't feel obvious,

IF its Reigns vs Cody again, I'll struggle to find an excuse to beat him again. Might as well give him a bus and tag him with Davey Boy's ghost if that happens, he's done.

21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

IF its Reigns vs Cody again, I'll struggle to find an excuse to beat him again. Might as well give him a bus and tag him with Davey Boy's ghost if that happens, he's done.

It would be insane if they did, but the fear that they might is a powerful thing.

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

Reading this hasn't aged well. Might be quite the tribute for Cody to win this year and next year to boot.

Yeah, I wouldn’t change my vote because it’s still nowhere near the level of AEW signing a predator, but I’ve certainly revised my opinion. 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t change my vote because it’s still nowhere near the level of AEW signing a predator, but I’ve certainly revised my opinion. 

The way I look at this is that it's biggest letdown and not worst business decision. I wasn't let down by AEW signing Flair because I never expected any better of them to begin with.