Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 30, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted January 30, 2024 They might Finish The Story this year, but Cody losing at Mania still feels like an all-time silly decision.
RedRooster Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 Nothing can beat Ric Flair for me, it's a decision that is pretty much impossible to defend. As far as Cody goes, I think he's had a brilliant year, and the threat of him not winning it will heighten the emotion for me this year. Assuming they don't do something insane and have him face Seth Rollins, this will almost certainly end up being an all-time Wrestlemania moment for me. The outcome doesn't feel obvious, and I think that'll benefit him in the long term - the sense of him being the 'chosen one' has gone, in spite of the fact he likely is exactly that. For me, at least, they've not killed the power of the moment.
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 On 1/31/2024 at 1:30 PM, RedRooster said: The outcome doesn't feel obvious, IF its Reigns vs Cody again, I'll struggle to find an excuse to beat him again. Might as well give him a bus and tag him with Davey Boy's ghost if that happens, he's done.
RedRooster Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 21 minutes ago, air_raid said: IF its Reigns vs Cody again, I'll struggle to find an excuse to beat him again. Might as well give him a bus and tag him with Davey Boy's ghost if that happens, he's done. It would be insane if they did, but the fear that they might is a powerful thing.
DavidB6937 Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 Yeah to be fair I'm sure there weren't that many that thought Cody wouldn't win last year. So there's definitely a mad unknown quantity this time round because the logical step isn't always the one they'll take. Because WWE.
Chili Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 Reading this hasn't aged well. Might be quite the tribute for Cody to win this year and next year to boot.
RedRooster Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 13 minutes ago, Chili said: Reading this hasn't aged well. Might be quite the tribute for Cody to win this year and next year to boot. Yeah, I wouldn’t change my vote because it’s still nowhere near the level of AEW signing a predator, but I’ve certainly revised my opinion.
Paid Members FLips Posted February 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2024 21 hours ago, RedRooster said: Yeah, I wouldn’t change my vote because it’s still nowhere near the level of AEW signing a predator, but I’ve certainly revised my opinion. The way I look at this is that it's biggest letdown and not worst business decision. I wasn't let down by AEW signing Flair because I never expected any better of them to begin with.
Recommended Posts