Fury vs Ngannou - Oct 28 ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐ŸฅŠ

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

The size thing was a massive factor, it was the first time ive watched Fury fight and not see him physically dominate someone. Fury's x-factor that really sets him apart is his size and weight, but he never really felt bigger than Francis, and was clearly not the stronger man in the ring. Francis was handling him in the in-close situations.

Oh, quick mention of Dan Hardy and Carl Frampton on the TNT desk too, did a brilliant job. I'd love to see him and Frampton team reguarly for Boxing and MMA content, great chemistry and very respectful of each others disciplines. I never loved Hardy as a commentator, but as an analyst and personality in the sport he's top notch.

• Paid Members

Yeah I always find Hardyโ€™s breakdowns for UFC cards enjoyable as well. I think with commentating, itโ€™s his delivery over a long card that grates after a bit. Much better suited to an analyst role and I think thatโ€™s what he enjoys more anyway. I liked the pairing of him and Frampton as well.ย 

I never thought December 23rd was happening forย  the Usyk fight. Fury came out a couple of days ago and said if Usyk doesn't fight him on that dateย  he'll sue. Now Usyk is saying the contract he signed for the fight is for the 23rd of Decemberย  so it has to happen. I can't see it taking place but I hope I'm wrong.

• Paid Members

It took him almost a full week but Danaโ€™s finally choked some words out about this.

IMG-1146.jpg

โ€œI didnโ€™t see the fightโ€ ๐Ÿคฃ OK Dana.

Imagine how fast and how insufferable his gloating wouldโ€™ve been if Fury had schooled Ngannou like everyone thought? Thereโ€™d have been quotes everywhere from him by Sunday. Francis has left him with literally nothing to latch onto to criticise him. I love that the talk when Ngannou first left the UFC was all about how he โ€œfumbled the bagโ€ and how he was some idiot who made bad choices. Who fumbled what now? No-one couldโ€™ve known quite how well this would play out for Ngannou but the UFC couldโ€™ve been involved in this, like they were McGregor vs Mayweather, if they werenโ€™t so greedy/such cunts about it. Right now theyโ€™d have an absolute mega star on their hands, holding their belt and a possible monster fight with Jones and a trilogy decider with Miocic to look forward to. Now the combat sports world is Ngannouโ€™s oyster and the UFC/Dana are on the outside looking in. Heโ€™s got a possible Fury rematch there and potential big paydays against Wilder and Joshua ready to be made. Hearnโ€™s absolutely itching to do AJ vs Ngannou from the interviews Iโ€™ve seen since the weekend. And Ngannou vs Wilder is a promoterโ€™s dream. The absolute worst case scenario now for Francis, if for some mad reason all those Boxing options donโ€™t materialise, he still makes good coin smacking nobodies around in PFL. Meanwhile Danaโ€™s looking at a Heavyweight division where Jones and Miocic are gonna fight each other then piss off into retirement, then the winner of Aspinall vs Pavlovich has the belt but a shallow as fuck pool of challengers.

โ€œFrancis wants to take zero risksโ€ - Dana White in May 2023

๐Ÿคฃ

IMG_1152.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

Oof.

It's irrelevant though, right? ย I mean the money in boxing is now in getting Saudi to pay for the fights to be staged there.

I mean, it's not good for boxing but the promoters won't give a shit.