Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Yeah I watched. Spurs were all over them for 20 minutes and deservedly led. Then you had two players sent off doing stupid things so you lost a game you should have won. Much as it was hilarious watching Chelsea being completely flummoxed by a 7-0-1 formation, it was totally self inflicted in the end. By all means celebrate the efforts of the remaining players, but you’ve been let down badly.

The 9-men high-line is Good Bantz. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Yeah I watched. Spurs were all over them for 20 minutes and deservedly led. Then you had two players sent off doing stupid things so you lost a game you should have won. Much as it was hilarious watching Chelsea being completely flummoxed by a 7-0-1 formation, it was totally self inflicted in the end. By all means celebrate the efforts of the remaining players, but you’ve been let down badly.

The 9-men high-line is Good Bantz. 

I cannot deny that Romero and Udogie being sent off was stupid, but you've omitted the bit where Van de Ven and Maddison got injured so your point is sort of half lost there isn't it? Oh and Johnson was sacrificed so there goes another outlet.

So you've then got a CB pairing of Dier and Royal, and Sonny chasing everything up front on his own to really no avail. 

If those two massive injuries don't happen, I'd probably agree with you, but they sadly did happen which combined with going down to 9, made it impossible.

It was a complete and utter disaster of a night, reds and injuries, but after last season under Conte, one that showed an enormous amount of effort, and fuck it, it was fun. 

Better to go out on your feet than on your knees innit.

Spurs' defending toward the end was beyond suicidal, and a better opponent would have scored twice as many, but Ange was on a no-lose on a personal level really. A point was probably doable, just because this Chelsea team have struggled to break down anyone who's defended them deep, but I also get Ange sticking to his game. He's been banging on about it since he arrived, that he won't change his principles for anyone. This at least reinforces that message and it was interesting to see. The especially intriguing part is having Romero - probably the most recklessly aggressive defender in the league - as your lynchpin in a team that won't adjust when he inevitably gets sent off. Those two things don't  marry well. If I'm Ange, I'm thinking, "long-term I need someone who can stay on the field". Maybe he can whip him into shape, teach him a bit of self-control, but I'm not so sure.

• Paid Members

This was the football equivalent of the fight against the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, right down to Chelsea being confused and scared and Spurs trying to bite knees off.

im invincible monty python GIF

It feels like Ange told the Spurs players at half time that this Chelsea team are young and fragile so if you get at them they'll crumble and if so he was totally, totally right. We were the better team for the second half of the first half but Tottenham's renewed aggression in the second clearly spooked us.

Oh and it's not important, but I felt sorry for Sterling getting his goal in the first half ruled out. He can't help that he runs like that!

Edited by Duke
Format

Sterlings silly run seemed to affect his legs a lot more than usual yesterday. The number of times he fell over with nobody near him and looked lovingly at the referee for help was embarrassing. Back in the days when a referee showed yellows for "simulation" he'd have actually saved Romero (for about 3 minutes before Romero lunged in on someone else) while heading off for an early bath.

Sterling reminds me of Emile Heskey...falls over for no real reason. 

Bonkers game and frankly even when we went behind and Dier managed to put it in the net with a reasonable finish, I still thought we'd get something from the game. We've all done it though, heads drop and another goes in soon after, plus the legs had clearly gone too.

Did like Ange though 'we could have gone to 5 players and we'd still have given them a game!'. Love this bloke so much!

• Members
38 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Dier managed to put it in the net with a reasonable finish,

A reasonable finish? Blimey, your standards are high. That was a belter.

spacer.png

This is just utterly hilarious. I'd rather watch a whole season of this than Conte. We would have still lost but we'd have camped in our own box for 60 minutes.

At least we entertained everyone for the night.

The funniest thing about that picture is Mudryk being offside. What a brain dead player. In fact, I don't think the Chelsea players remembered you can't be off in your own half last night.

Also finally, I stumped up for Sky Sports as it was on offer a while back, but you have to listen to Neville and Carragher, and tbh I'd rather struggle with a stream where I can't understand anything over them two.

This season they seem to have ramped it up. My 10yo at one point said "If he goes "ooooooh" again I'm going to bed" ?

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The funniest thing about that picture is Mudryk being offside. What a brain dead player. In fact, I don't think the Chelsea players remembered you can't be off in your own half last night. 

Was driving me (and, clearly, Poch) mad the whole time he was on. You're the fastest player on the pitch and they're playing a line so high it's basically a chemtrail! There's no need to ever be offside ever!

• Members
5 minutes ago, Duke said:

Was driving me (and, clearly, Poch) mad the whole time he was on. You're the fastest player on the pitch and they're playing a line so high it's basically a chemtrail! There's no need to ever be offside ever!

He also made himself offside when him and Jackson were through for the fourth!

A truly dreadful player.

• Members
2 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Why wasn’t Jackson given a 2nd yellow for celebrating in the crowd? Is that not a thing anymore? 

*Andre 3000 voice*

?I'm sorry Nic Jackson, here is the deal, you are not allowed to jump in the crowd, I'll let you off this time but it's really not allowed?

Sorry, slow morning at work.

Was that the worse hat trick of all time? 3 tap ins against 9 men, missed loads before that and generally looked awful throughout, him nearly falling over for the 3rd goal would have topped it off as well.

Honestly, it felt like Sterling and Jackson were trying not to score at one point in that second half. The way Jackson celebrated his goals was embarrassing too, he can't be proud of that :laugh:

If it’s any consolation, Spurs being shit cost me £256. Null and void it I say and replay the game.

Its nice to see that the ultimate Tory team have paid tribute to their saviours and overlords by spending £1b quid on players and being even worse than before.