AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Collision 06/09/24

Tremendous opener from Briscoe and Archer. Mark Briscoe with the crimson mask fighting for his life is when he's at his best, and he was there from the opening bell for this one. One of Archer's best singles matches in ages too, he looked so dangerous and the whole match had a brilliant chaotic feel to it. Briscoe winning was almost a certainty but it felt like he was in peril for the whole thing. 

The ref running in and asking Jericho, still with his boot on the chair around Ishii's neck, "what happened?" was peak referee stupidity. They really are the thickest people in pro wrestling. As LaGoosh says, it's horrible that The Conglomeration are being sucked into The Vortex. Why can't he let us have nice things? 

GYV's finish looked better this time with Gibson doing a running clothesline for his bit. Done like that it also feels like they could land it spontaneously out of nowhere if Drake quickly moves into position behind the opponent for the leg sweep. I'm warming to it a little. Boulder is so terrible. I am all about gigantic fat guy powerhouse wrestlers but he is just so rubbish. God I hate the Iron Savages. FTR know what's up giving that dickhead a Shatter Machine. 

Angry Orange Cassidy promos are one of my favorite things in pro wrestling. I love how sparingly they're used so they always have a ton of impact. "I'm gonna punch Bryan Keith in the face for what he did." Excellent. Bryan Keith's Bad Apple theme is passable and sounds vaguely like Still Tippin', but his previous theme was secretly one of the best in the company so I am a bit sad it's gone. This result was even more predictable then Briscoe/Archer and I don't find Keith engaging, but the fantastic fired up performance from OC made this better than it should have been. Jericho said he's keeping the backpack until he gets his cash, but OC said the cash is in the backpack. Who cares though really. 

Best bit of Mone's promo was Lexy's reaction to it. Mone sounded OK though, same as Dynamite it was a passable delivery and that's about the best I'm hoping for from her promos. 

Lovely to see The Outrunners killing some jobbers instead of being the jobbers. Well deserved. 

WIllow/Stat sit down did the job. Statlander's best effort so far at sounding pissed off and getting grievances off her chest without being a big goof at the same time. That match will be superb.

Mortos vs Takeshita was every bit the slobberknocker I knew it would be. Glorious TV sprint match. Mortos is killing it with every appearance at the moment, easily one of my favourites on the roster, just never lets me down. Takeshita is one of the best on the planet right now and this felt like a continuation of his incredible G1 run. Takeshita in the Continental Classic this year is going to be absolutely outrageous. I refuse to believe there is any scenario where he isn't in it, and I cannot wait to see it. 

Saraya and Harley Cameron vs The Iiconics is my dream Rampage feud that I'll never get to see. 

Mariah May celebration at All Out! Going to call this one again: Mariah smashes a champagne bottle over Mina Shirakawa's head. 

Good back and forth match from Shida and Purazzo. Shida's been on fire lately, looked like a total bad ass fighting off Mone and Kamille after the match too. She won't win at the PPV, I just hope she doesn't fall back into obscurity after it. 

FTR/GYV on Collision next week. Yessss. 

Oh my god MXM popping up in the back of The Acclaimed promo might be my favorite MXM bit yet, though honestly I've loved every single thing they've done so far. "That's WROOONG!" made me laugh out loud. 

Main event was a belter. It lost a bit of steam shortly after it bled over into Rampage, but the first 20 minutes were stellar and it picked up again for the closing stretch. These all star multiman TV tags have been consistently strong for a while now, great way to get loads of big names on the card and keep multiple feuds ticking over at the same time. Loads of great pairings and heat building moments for All Out, Jack Perry being a right little shit. Claudio was my MVP for this one though, and I loved the finish with him catching Nick Jackson out of the air mid TK Driver. 

Top notch episode of Collision there. Loved it. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho putting the backpack over Orange Cassidy’s head a week after the plastic bag angle with Mox and Danielson. The man has no shame. There is nothing he will not leech on to.

Must be a nightmare sharing a company with him.

”Cool angle/segment/character/idea/concept you’ve got there. Would be a real shame if someone did a shitter version of it…”

IMG_9551.gif.73099ab6b449693415e0fa727631a73c.gif

Great to see them pushing The Outrunners on this show. Clock starts now on how Jericho can somehow copy their homework.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Chris Jericho putting the backpack over Orange Cassidy’s head a week after the plastic bag angle with Mox and Danielson. The man has no shame. There is nothing he will not leech on to.

Must be a nightmare sharing a company with him.

”Cool angle/segment/character/idea/concept you’ve got there. Would be a real shame if someone did a shitter version of it…”

IMG_9551.gif.73099ab6b449693415e0fa727631a73c.gif

Great to see them pushing The Outrunners on this show. Clock starts now on how Jericho can somehow copy their homework.

I'm really tired today so I'm asking, is this a bit now?

• Paid Members

During Collision this package was aired announcing Jericho won. But he didn’t. They have corrected this video but what happened? Either when they pre-recorded Collision they thought Jericho was going over so just recorded that and the result changed. Or did they record different versions and the wrong one played out? Either way, not a good look.