4 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

So why not have Best Friends and OC team with someone rather than randomly chucking Acclaimed and Billy Gunn in for no real reason?Ā 

The Acclaimed & Billy Gunn were involved at the end of Rampage, coming out for the save to help OC & Best Friends.

• Paid Members

Tony stating the bloody obvious. They're competitors, of course they hate each other. Contract tampering seems like an unspoken thing, AEW aren't exactly innocent in the matter either, Jeff Hardy comes to mind.Ā 

https://cultaholic.com/posts/tony-khan-says-wwe-and-aew-hate-each-other-addresses-wwe-s-alleged-contract-tampering

20 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Tony stating the bloody obvious. They're competitors, of course they hate each other. Contract tampering seems like an unspoken thing, AEW aren't exactly innocent in the matter either, Jeff Hardy comes to mind.Ā 

https://cultaholic.com/posts/tony-khan-says-wwe-and-aew-hate-each-other-addresses-wwe-s-alleged-contract-tampering

Depends what you mean by Jeff Hardy.

Contacting someone while passing time on their release dates is one thing, compared to "Jeff you do you and get out of that contract anyway you can. You know you've got a spot here when you're free."

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

While he's hardly likely to talk his company down, the fact he keeps saying that the quality of shows is at an all-time high alarms me. I'd hope that even someone who is enjoying what they're doing could recognise that this clearly isn't true. I really hope that he recognises the fact they've hit a bit of a lull when it comes to the stories they're telling, and that he's capable of ramping things up as the year goes on. MJF's title reign certainly needs some steam behind it, however that ends up being achieved.Ā 

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

While he's hardly likely to talk his company down, the fact he keeps saying that the quality of shows is at an all-time high alarms me. I'd hope that even someone who is enjoying what they're doing could recognise that this clearly isn't true. I really hope that he recognises the fact they've hit a bit of a lull when it comes to the stories they're telling, and that he's capable of ramping things up as the year goes on. MJF's title reign certainly needs some steam behind it, however that ends up being achieved.Ā 

Iā€™ve seen a few people say this years had the best consistent run of shows they have done. If you look at how many matches already could be in a top 10 discussion in December already heā€™s not talking up something that some may see as trueĀ 

47 minutes ago, Louch said:

Iā€™ve seen a few people say this years had the best consistent run of shows they have done. If you look at how many matches already could be in a top 10 discussion in December already heā€™s not talking up something that some may see as trueĀ 

Out of interest, do you think that, and if so, what is it about the current run of shows that elevates then for you? Given how strong 2020 and 2021 were for the company, personally, I donā€™t think his statement holds up to scrutiny. In fact, Iā€™d hold their run of shows from Punkā€™s debut up until his first title win up against any run of shows for any company ever. It was such an exciting time to be watching AEW.

Even from an in-ring perspective, I donā€™t understand where heā€™s coming from. Itā€™s not that the wrestling itā€™s bad - the wrestling never has been bad - but I donā€™t think itā€™s been significantly better.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Out of interest, do you think that, and if so, what is it about the current run of shows that elevates then for you? Given how strong 2020 and 2021 were for the company, personally, I donā€™t think his statement holds up to scrutiny. In fact, Iā€™d hold their run of shows from Punkā€™s debut up until his first title win up against any run of shows for any company ever. It was such an exciting time to be watching AEW.

Even from an in-ring perspective, I donā€™t understand where heā€™s coming from. Itā€™s not that the wrestling itā€™s bad - the wrestling never has been bad - but I donā€™t think itā€™s been significantly better.

I donā€™t carry the current shows high as Ā others as i tend to skip the 20 mins a week of Danielson matches as they do nothing for me, but see many raving at this being the Danielson they want to see. But given the structure and concentration on top stars and less fucking about with ROH/ Randon new signings etc itā€™s been perfectly watchable and easy to follow tv. I donā€™t have the memory to remember Tv shows from a year or so ago to compare, im enjoying it just as much as I have most of their run to dateĀ 

• Paid Members
On 2/12/2023 at 7:22 PM, LaGoosh said:

Hangman vs Kip can either go one of two ways.

The good - Hangman smashes him instantly and the match lasts 30 seconds.Ā 

The bad - a 15 minute back and forth with a bunch of pointless spots and an obvious winner. The worst kind of Dynamite match.

Kill Me Eye Roll GIF

Of course it was a 15 minute back and forth, for God's sake.

The booking in this company these days is very mediocre. Absolutely no one has any momentum at all right not and I have basically no interest in any of the stories or matches at Revolution.

Not a good show this week. When it starts off with someone who just lost their Dad being insulted you know it's not going to go well.

AEW is fine at the moment but nothing more. It really needs something that I'm desperate to follow from one week to the next. I can dip in and out and see some decent matches but at the moment there's no desperate need to tune in week on week. I like at least one storyline I really care about to grab my attention. ROH was the same for years in that I could just watch great matches without really having too much long term storyline investment. And that's okay to a point.

It's not like they're not capable of it. It's just missing for me personally right now.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Kill Me Eye Roll GIF

Of course it was a 15 minute back and forth, for God's sake.

The booking in this company these days is very mediocre. Absolutely no one has any momentum at all right not and I have basically no interest in any of the stories or matches at Revolution.

Not a good show this week. When it starts off with someone who just lost their Dad being insulted you know it's not going to go well.

It was 7 minutes, which played into hangman being weakened by the attackĀ 

if Jeff wanted to wrestle and heā€™s a heel, no one would have wanted him insulted more than he would. He knows the gameĀ 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Louch said:

It was 7 minutes, which played into hangman being weakened by the attackĀ 

if Jeff wanted to wrestle and heā€™s a heel, no one would have wanted him insulted more than he would. He knows the gameĀ 

Apologies for not accurately predicting the exact time of the match. But it still should have only gone 30 seconds and the "will Hangman be able to compete after the backstage attack" story was pointless and rubbish.

And yes Jeff would have been ok with it, of course, he's a pro. However as viewer I found it off putting.