Len Davies has passed away

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Just seen a post from Len’s son to say that he passed away yesterday. He had been in hospital for a while and not in a good way, but not serious enough to think he wouldn’t leave.

I worked with Len a little bit before he moved to LA. Despite the questionable wrestling companies he ran, he was a nice guy and treated everyone well. He was determined to give acting another go (he had acted in Germany in the mid 90’s) in Hollywood and as easy as it was to laugh at his short films, adverts etc, I always admired the fact that no matter how naff the gig was, he tried to make it work. I’m gutted we’ll never see the police procedural he was writing scripts for staring Kurt Angle.

RIP Len. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

That's sad news, I got to work with him a bit when I was still in that weird Alex Shane Britwres circle and he was always a really nice bloke to be around. Thoughts are with his family, especially so close to Christmas like this.

• Paid Members

Yeh, I was much the same. I first met him when I first did the holiday camps in summer. He was a really nice guy - helped me out a fair bit with my acting career in terms of helping me out together professional materials. Also, one of the few promoters who actually paid properly.

RIP Len Davies.

• Paid Members

I worked with him once back in 2005-2006ish setting up and working the cameras at a local show and he was nothing but friendly and patient with me when quite frankly he could have been horrible to the teenager doing shoddy camera work. 

• Paid Members

Many relentlessly took the piss out of him, me included, for his entertainment and acting efforts, but he is one of those guys that you didn't hear anything bad about, and the outpouring of love for him is incredible.

I never met the man (though we had a couple of acquaintances in common) but heard nothing but nice things about him. And for it’s time, and in comparison to some of the other outfits on the Wrestling Channel, RQW was very well put together, production-wise. Especially the first tapings at York Hall. 

I never met the man (though we had a couple of acquaintances in common) but heard nothing but nice things about him. And for it’s time, and in comparison to some of the other outfits on the Wrestling Channel, RQW was very well put together, production-wise. Especially the first tapings at York Hall.