Eubank Jr vs Benn - Oct 8 šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ šŸ„Š

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the risk they run when they bring in these drug testing companies who will flag a fighter for not just actual fight-changing performance enhancing drugs, but also something as relatively insignificant asĀ clomifene.

What's also shocking is that the positive test was flagged in August! They had a whole month to cancel the fight, but they instead kept quiet and allowed fans to book tickets, trains, hotels, take time off work and all sorts. A disgrace.

1 hour ago, David said:

That's the risk they run when they bring in these drug testing companies who will flag a fighter for not just actual fight-changing performance enhancing drugs, but also something as relatively insignificant asĀ clomifene.

What's also shocking is that the positive test was flagged in August! They had a whole month to cancel the fight, but they instead kept quiet and allowed fans to book tickets, trains, hotels, take time off work and all sorts. A disgrace.

Isn't something like Clomifene, which can artificially raise testosterone levels, by that very definition a performance enhancing drug?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, David said:

Ā 

As for the second point there, that's the one i'm not quite understanding. It sounds like the test flagged earlier, everybody knew but were happy to proceed, including the British Boxing Board of Control. The reason the board changed their mind was because the Daily Mail unearthed the test finding and printed it, pressure was put on the board and they were forced to pull their sanctioning of the bout. The fight would no doubt have still gone ahead under a different sanctioning body as Benn isn't suspended, but the amount of backlash againt the event going ahead (and probably rightly so) was massive and they were left with no choice but to pull it.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

I bet itā€™s happening a lot more than people realise. Just off the top of my head I remember that Dillian Whyte vs Oscar Rivas fiasco. No doubt this wouldā€™ve been kept hush and gone ahead if their hand wasnā€™t forced. What makes me laugh is jobsworths like Johnny Nelson coming out knocking Hearn, I bet his tune wouldā€™ve had a considerably different sound to it if Hearn and Matchroom were still with Sky. As for the substance itself, I havenā€™t read up on it in any great detail but I saw something about it being used to mask other PED use? So maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s banned. I donā€™t know.

I did see the other day that Chris Eubank Sr had apparently checked into a mental health clinic. He was publicly against the fight happening and I saw speculation that he was checking in there as a bit of a PR move in an attempt to get the fight called off. I know Sr is a funny character and people never take him seriously and all that but I absolutely believe itā€™s legit. It was still quite recently the poor bloke lost a son who was even younger than Chris Jr. Iā€™ve no doubt heā€™s been struggling. On top of that, he was worried about Jr coming down in weight. Everyone assumed he was just trying to interject himself into things for attention but from what I could tell he wanted the fight scrapped and had no plans to attend if it went ahead. Hardly attention seeking, he wanted no part of it. He knows all too well the damage that can be done in there and probably never fully dealt with any mental issues he had after the Michael Watson brain injury in 1991. So I get why heā€™d be worried about his son. Hopefully heā€™s alright. Love the bloke.Ā 

0F2A172D-EC0B-486D-9EFC-20BD2122E57D.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

So it seems like Clomifene is one of those drugs that people use to get their testosterone production going when their body is no longer doing it naturally.

I would say there's a fairly good chance that Benn was on a cycle of gear and Clomifene was part of his cycling off in order to make sure his test production didnt drop through the fucking floor.

I would imagine that's why its a banned substance as there is no legitimate reason for a male to be taking this drug.Ā 

No idea why anyone would say that its not significant. This is the same drug that Brock Lesnar popped for in the Mark Hunt fight and I have a small suspicion that Brock Lesnar MAY have used PEDs in his life!