General Combat Sports Dodginess

wandshogun09

19 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Paddy Pimblett does a lot to support children in need too, does that soften your opinion of him? 😄

The thing is, very few people are all bad or all good. No one is saying Pimblett is the devil incarnate, but while he does his fair share of positive things, he's still a wholly unlikeable arsehole of a boy. In my opinion, anyway.

17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't even like MMA, and often read these threads as there is always a really interesting discussion, and everyone makes great points.

I know absolutely nothing about the sport, I won't even watch it, but I still like to read opinions on it.

That, sir, is because you are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, David said:

The thing is, very few people are all bad or all good. No one is saying Pimblett is the devil incarnate, but while he does his fair share of positive things, he's still a wholly unlikeable arsehole of a boy. In my opinion, anyway.

Exactly this. All people have their contradictions, and rarely is someone 100% bad or good. It's usually a sliding scale.

But there are some things that just make a persona completely non grata as far as I'm concerned, and spouting racist and xenophobic shit, especially with the way the country is at the moment, erases any reason for me to root for him. He's a cunt.

• Paid Members

Yep, this is the best corner on the internet to discuss MMA by far. I read bits on Reddit and Instagram but the comment sections usually see me tapping out quicker than James Toney did. 

I wouldn't class myself as much of a contributor here, but I avidly read everything in these forums and despite there being so few posters, it's always quality, well thought out stuff that usually garners good debate. Long may that continue. 

Also, come back @jimufctna24

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Didn’t know where else to put this but fucking hell.

It’s about the young girl Shaile Lipp, an amateur fighter who died in a car crash recently. The UFC put an ‘in memory of’ graphic up at the start of the show on Saturday. Seems this cretin just had to pipe up. Proper scumbag. Who gives a fuck how good or bad a fighter she was? A 21 year old girl has died and his first thought is ‘must show the world how edgy and different I am’. Why post that? Maybe I’m giving him too much credit but I don’t even think Colby Covington would’ve touched that subject. I don’t even wanna see Strickland knocked out at this point. I just want him to go away and never come back.