Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Can't quite enjoy Chelsea and Liverpool being crap now that Utd look like they might actually be good again.

The footballing gods giveth then taketh away.

The United / Arsenal axis is being reformed. The pizza is ready.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The United / Arsenal axis is being reformed. The pizza is ready.

This will explain Richard Keys' recent contempt for Arsenal. 

Tell you what, it'll be a lovely throwback (well, for some) if Arsenal and United end up battling for the title. Shame we're going to fuck things up tomorrow. 

Onto Haaland- in the summer I thought it was a bit risky for City. Not because I didn't think he'd do well, but more that City have looked absolutely devastating over the past two years without a striker and have thrived with a false nine. Having Haaland has meant changing the way they play quite significantly in the final third- they are more direct. They will no doubt get the balance right at some point and start dominating again. I think they'll still win the title anyway. 

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Anyone heard from Branquey lately? 👀

Conveniently timed, as was the statement of none of the board showing up, with the sit in protest after the game. It supposedly happened after the Brighton defeat but there were no witness reports of such incidents nor video evidence, especially as all executives are guarded coming in and out if the ground

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The absolute state of this. Mate, come on now. 

Arsenal are currently very good. Spurs are currently very not. It's not hard to see how this one plays out.

Not at your place. I'm feeling a lot better about tomorrow than I was the last time we played there, I really think our players (and Arteta) will have learned a lot and will be more composed this time- but it doesn't matter. Kane wins North London derbies there. Form means shit in this fixture, just like when we play United and always seem to lose when they're at their lowest ebb.

They did the same with Ellis Simms (who had to be practically consoled by Tony Mowbray when Everton recalled him from his loan spell with us), despite him only playing 17 minutes for them over the three games since returning.

Odious twats. It’s just such embarrassing, counterproductive and downright scummy behaviour. Would hate to see how they’d react if their club had say back to back relegations and multiple years in League One….all recorded on a global streaming service in perpetuity.