Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

So United have been supposedly sniffing around Cody Gakpo (there are claims he was top of Ten Hag's wishlist)...then Liverpool come steaming in out of nowhere and quickly sign him for half of what United would've probably bid. You watch them do something silly as a reaction to this now, like pay £100m for a 6 month loan deal for Joao Felix.  

Oh, and it's good to have the Premier League back. I fucking love Martin Odegaard. 

15 hours ago, PunkStep said:

So United have been supposedly sniffing around Cody Gakpo (there are claims he was top of Ten Hag's wishlist)...then Liverpool come steaming in out of nowhere and quickly sign him for half of what United would've probably bid. You watch them do something silly as a reaction to this now, like pay £100m for a 6 month loan deal for Joao Felix.  

Oh, and it's good to have the Premier League back. I fucking love Martin Odegaard. 

Not sure if intentional by ETH or not, he was decent at PSV and had a great world cup…………but….. he isn’t exactly what United need at this exact moment in time .  Rashford and Sancho, Elanga and ,dare i even mention, Anthony Martial can play there. 

A proven goal poacher is what is needed…….but i dont know who that is at this point. 

Liverpool’s background staff playing a blinder in getting transfers over the line to be fair .

Just now, Browser Brady said:

Not sure if intentional by ETH or not, he was decent at PSV and had a great world cup…………but….. he isn’t exactly what United need at this exact moment in time .  Rashford and Sancho, Elanga and ,dare i even mention, Anthony Martial can play there at a pinch. 

A proven goal poacher is what is needed…….but i dont know who that is at this point. 

Liverpool’s background staff playing a blinder in getting transfers over the line to be fair .

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

he isn’t exactly what United need at this exact moment in time

I couldn't agree more. It definitely stank of a 'United really haven't learned anything' signing for them had it taken place. They have an abundance of options on the left- Garnacho as well as those you mentioned. 

With the Glazers looking to sell up, are they likely to throw money around like they have done so in recent years? They might do an Ashley and think 'fuck it'. Or perhaps they will continue, knowing that spending money on big names might help attract more suitable buyers.

16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Oh, and it's good to have the Premier League back.

No it's not. Although the Spurs game was entertaining, I'll give it that.

16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I fucking love Martin Odegaard. 

I'll be honest, before he moved to Arsenal, whenever I saw him play, I didn't get the hype, and thought he was another wunderkind who would never make it at the top.

Fuming to say I was completely wrong.

Also, Darwin Nunez continues to be the most hilarious player since...I dunno...any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

No it's not. Although the Spurs game was entertaining, I'll give it that.

I'll be honest, before he moved to Arsenal, whenever I saw him play, I didn't get the hype, and thought he was another wunderkind who would never make it at the top.

Fuming to say I was completely wrong.

Also, Darwin Nunez continues to be the most hilarious player since...I dunno...any suggestions? 

I’m genuinely not arsed about Nunez’s profligacy. I’m confident he’s going to be unbelievable once he shakes it off. I might feel differently if Salah wasn’t brilliant.

Always nice to cuckold United but it won’t be so nice if they go and sign Fernandez instead.

35 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’m genuinely not arsed about Nunez’s profligacy. I’m confident he’s going to be unbelievable once he shakes it off. I might feel differently if Salah wasn’t brilliant.

I didn't even really mean it about his profligacy to be honest, I think he just has a chaotic, hilarious nature to his game. Like Saint-Maximin, you just never, ever know what's going to happen next. It's fun.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I didn't even really mean it about his profligacy to be honest, I think he just has a chaotic, hilarious nature to his game. Like Saint-Maximin, you just never, ever know what's going to happen next. It's fun.

Yeah, he’s like a high end Origi in that respect, hopefully with a bigger upside although if he ever tears apart Barce in a Champions League semi or scores a goal in the final he’ll do well.

29 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

How come Forrest dont have a sponsor ?

They haven’t agreed a deal with anyone. Maybe Forest aren’t offering enough money to company’s to compensate for the shame.