Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

To add to the above, Lee is going to be competing at 165lbs. Pretty cool to see a new division spawning out of this. Haven't seen anything about 'Welterweight' being 175 lbs but you'd have to assume that's gonna happen. 

Dana has been fully against it for many years, but if other regional promotions follow suit and fighters are actively competing at the weight, you'd have to expect the UFC to implement it down the road.. Here's hoping anyways. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

yeah, they are adding a 175lb division too, not sure what they divisions will be named? Pretty excited for this, they plan on doing 10 shows in America next year.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Well fuck. I called for that in the 269 thread. Never really expected it to get made though.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Bruno Silva has been one of my favourite UFC newcomers this year. Just wrecked Jordan Wright. 

image.gif.6ed16a814b4403b9a1d35d33c58d777d.gif

?

Never heard of Silva before his UFC debut this year but I remember looking him up and seeing his knockout over Alexander Shlemenko and being intrigued. And he’s delivered. Since his debut in June he’s gone 3-0 with 3 vicious knockouts and 2 POTN bonuses. Quite a year. He’s 22-6 now with 18 knockouts. Purely because I think it’d be fireworks, I’d like to see Silva against Alex Pereira next but I’m not sure the UFC will want that. They’ll probably be looking to put Pereira on the track towards the Adesanya rematch and Silva might be too much of a risk in the way of that. It’s a fight I’d love to see though. 

 

Posted
On 12/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Silky Kisser said:

To add to the above, Lee is going to be competing at 165lbs. Pretty cool to see a new division spawning out of this. Haven't seen anything about 'Welterweight' being 175 lbs but you'd have to assume that's gonna happen. 

Dana has been fully against it for many years, but if other regional promotions follow suit and fighters are actively competing at the weight, you'd have to expect the UFC to implement it down the road.. Here's hoping anyways. 

A 10lbs jump between weight classes, for me, is the safest and most reasonable approach. I'd love to see it happen across the board.

  • Paid Members
Posted

given the sheer amount of fighters around now and especially in the UFC its hard to understand why they haven't done it.

Posted
10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

given the sheer amount of fighters around now and especially in the UFC its hard to understand why they haven't done it.

I'm sure Ariel Helwani has mentioned it a few times and is in favour of it. Which automatically means that Dana White will never implement it. 

I would love to have seen Helwani out himself as a huge Trump fan. Dana would have been donating millions to Biden's campaign within days!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...