• Members
Posted (edited)

Some decent track events today. Men's 100m heats start at 10.55 and then at 19.55 we get the mixed 4x400 final and 20.20 the women's 100m final.

Some pole vault today this morning as well which is always cracking. 

Edited by SuperBacon
Mixed not men's

• Paid Members

Dressage can just fuck off. I generally don’t like animals being used for the gratification of humans in any sense, but this is just beyond pointless.

• Members

In the road cycling, they shouldn't be allowed multiple bikes. They should have to change the puncture there and then to add some drama.

For added drama they should have my Dad shouting at them "Use the water to find the hole!!!" while they do it, like I used to have to endure.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Please call it by the proper name of 'Horse Mincing'

I thought that was what we all call Findus now

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

In the road cycling, they shouldn't be allowed multiple bikes. They should have to change the puncture there and then to add some drama.

This used to be the rule in the early days of the Tour de France. Back then they used to race at night and on one stage of an early Tour a rider crashed on the descent of a mountain and snapped his front forks. He carried the bike to the nearest village, woke up the local blacksmith and forged himself a new set of forks before going on to win the stage. He was later disqualified because the rule was that you couldn't accept any help in repairing your bike and the blacksmiths apprentice pumped the bellows when he was forging the new forks. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Japan 3-1 up in the mixed Judo, but motherfucking Teddy Riner wins it in sudden death.

The Japanese lad was absolutely gassed from the first tie ups to be honest, but what a performance.

This was absolutely electric. Love when The Olympics has you stumbling into the middle of something so exciting. Felt like pro-wrestling done better than pro-wrestling.

The most pro-wrestling aspect was the draw to see who'd be in the golden score play-off. As soon as it started I was waiting for the pop for it to come up Riner and the Japanese team absolutely sold it beautifully.

They did get revenge in the bronze medal match in the fencing by shocking the #1 seeds France but I don't think the French will care after that amazing drama.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm still not convinced Lyles won! The photo finish they show is absolutely shit.

Yeah, what the fuck was that? They were about a metre over the line in the one they showed! Did enjoy Oblique Seville's strop on the line though, very funny.

There was something stupid in the women's trap shooting too. Amber Rutter claimed she hit her last target and wasn't given it because they'd opted not to use video replays for the Olympics. Why wouldn't you? What's gained from not using it?