The Outlaw is out. Dan Hardy gone from the UFC

wandshogun09

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Until McGregor does it. Then the silence will be deafening.

McGregor could bum Dana’s dog in front of the whole White family during Sunday dinner and Dana would ignore it and still be saying ‘We’ve gotta get both sides of the story...oh, Scooby hasn’t said anything. Good enough for me’. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

There's a very obvious reason for that. Hardy in the grand scheme of things is a nobody.

Exactly my point. It's easy for Plastic Caesar to talk about a zero-tolerance approach when it's not tested by people who make him lots of money. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

And neither it should, sadly.

It's unlikely we'll ever get there. McGregor's got only just enough about him not to try it (barely). Only other person I can think of who's enough of a loose cannon to do something like that is the other Hardy, and he's not a big enough name for White not to apply the rule.

• Paid Members

The obvious answer would be Bellator, but I can't help think they could be a bit "over-signed" right now. I think One or PFL would be a better bet.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The obvious answer would be Bellator, but I can't help think they could be a bit "over-signed" right now. I think One or PFL would be a better bet.

yeh but thats thinking of him as a fighter, hes likely gonna want an analyst role with the possibility one or two showcase fights. Hes gonna be an asset to whoever he signs for.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh but thats thinking of him as a fighter, hes likely gonna want an analyst role with the possibility one or two showcase fights. Hes gonna be an asset to whoever he signs for.

No, I know, but didn't Bellator recently announce new commentator signings? That's why I thought he might end up surplus to requirements.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, Egg Shen said:

Hes gonna be an asset to whoever he signs for.

Meh. I don't ever find myself saying "damn, I wish Dan Hardy was commentating tonight!" or "Wow, what about that dream fight I want to see with Dan Hardy fighting so-and-so."

He's a dude who enjoyed a 6-4 UFC run almost ten years ago. I won't miss him. In fact, if I hadn't been told he'd been sacked I'd likely have never asked about him again.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

Meh. I don't ever find myself saying "damn, I wish Dan Hardy was commentating tonight!" or "Wow, what about that dream fight I want to see with Dan Hardy fighting so-and-so."

and neither do i, ive never been a fan of Hardy's commentary and have always felt lukewarm about a comeback, but in a world that demands content Hardy is an asset. If Bellator brought him in and he gave Bellator's fights the same kind of coverage he currently gives the UFC its surely gonna be a beneficial for them. Bellator is also on Showtime now which surely will ramp up pre/post shows and panel work, Hardy is perfect for that.