This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Sunny Edwards is a really good boxer but has no knockout power at all. So he wins by unanimous decision every time. 

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yep, safest bet in boxing.

• Paid Members

😄 saw that doing the rounds yesterday. It should be decent, there's gonna be big fights if he comes through on Saturday (and he should), those lower weight divisions usually get the fights figured out.

Edwards called out Bam Rodriguez after his last fight. Then Rodriguez called out Edwards after his last fight in April. But Matchroom has now paired Edwards up with this Campos fella. He doesn't look like he could punch his way out of a paper bag.

Only seen snippets of the build up of Taylor/Lopez. But the stuff Lopez is coming out with, saying he wants to kill Taylor, and if he doesn't, he wants to die in the ring. It's all a bit unhinged. I also saw he said, he's leaving Top Rank because they only favour black fighters. His dad was in the background when he was being interviewed trying to tell him to shut up but he wasn't having any of it. 

I can only see Taylor winning this one. Lopez doesn't look like he's in the right frame of mind to be professionally boxing tonight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Lopez aint been right since the Lomachenko fight and all the issues that happened in his personal life around the time. 

In a recent Top Rank interview he referenced how fans have labelled him the greatest of all time and how how's he's taken the mantra from Muhammad Ali. Just a weird sense of delusion and not being in touch with reality. He's fried.

Sky Sports have uploaded the Taylor/Lopez fight already.

Didn't go as I expected. Lopez really pulled out a top level performance. Taylor faded badly from the 8th round onwards. Judges scores were a joke.

Also on last night was Jaime Munguia vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko. Both moved up to 168lbs. Absolute banger of a fight. All action, slug fest 

• Paid Members

As Taylor tired Lopez went up a notch and Taylor just couldn't cope. That looked more like the old Teofimo, obviously the outside the ring problems he has had been sorted, more or less anyway. What was all the hoohah at the end. Looked like Taylor's corner wouldn't give up one of the belts. As for the scores I thought it was probably 117-111. Couldn't see that Josh won more than 3 rounds. 

• Paid Members

Rumors of Teofimo Lopez' demise were greatly exaggerated.

They wouldn't hand over the Ring Magazine belt, i dunno if it was actually on the line or not?

And yep, Sunny Edwards won by UD.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊