This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

some Channel 5 action tonight if anyones up for it:

20210910_124725.thumb.jpg.4e43cb4ed505804f30951c4531e402cf.jpg

I'll be tuning in from 10pm. Always enjoy a Sam Eggington fight. Dont know anything about Jkitou other than hes a former pro footballer who moved into boxing, he's 15-0 and odds wise its pretty close so should be decent.

Filip Hrgovic is back on DAZN too. Its on at a decent hour as its in Austria, think i'll skim that when im done with Eggington.

here's the full Friday run down:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Well, in a week where everything in boxing seems to turning to shit, Eggington/Jzitou go and possibly have the fight of the year in a half empty arena in Coventry. What a fight.

basically that, for 12 rounds.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

its early in the week, but theres nothing to talk about from last weekend outside of Joshua/Usyk.

This weekend, the first show of Sky's new partnership with Boxxer (crap name):

chris-eubank-jr-david-avanesyan-richard-riakporhe-and-others-tickets_10-02-21_17_612e284b4268f.jpg.5ff9362746275f24e54bc5aff452d641.jpg

Has an air showcase about it. Sky wanting to show off their new stable as well as putting new wrinkles on the production, but it aint like we aren't familar with whats on display.

Still, Eubank is usually must-see and will likely wanna put in a show as the new 'face' of Sky Boxing. I know nothing of Sven Elbir.

Edited by Egg Shen

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will it be one of those “Seasonal” things that changes now and then? Like how Sky Golf or whatever exists for the majors and Ryder Cup, or Sky NFL that isn’t on for 9 months of the year?

I just read an article that said it may be replacing sky Arena? 

• Paid Members

very true, you could always argue that is that even needed at this point though? Eubank seems to have been the face of so many channels and promoters now. Hopefully this one sticks, they get this out of the way then line up a big fight. Sounds like a Eubank/Saunders PPV is the plan.