The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Mainstream media will mention it in passing but it will never be 'Breaking news' on any mainstream news channels like it would be were it football or Hollywood etc.

Why is that the bar, and what use is there in pretending that's the bar? 

19 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Why does anyone even want him back? Ignoring all the awful, awful stuff - he's been doing the same shit for years. Isn't everyone bored of it yet? What's left for him to do?

Yeah, I don't particularly get it either. From a purely product standpoint, I don't really see where he fits in WWE currently. If this was it for him, he finished up in a pretty perfect way. His last acts on TV fully establishing the next two top guys. And prior to returning in 2020, wasn't he content being done then anyway? WWE are printing money without him, already have Rock and Cena on the cards for 2025. I see no reason or particular significant benefit to bringing him back at this point, with that and the other factors considered, the risk surely outweighs any potential reward.

31 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Why is that the bar, and what use is there in pretending that's the bar? 

I'm not saying it's the bar, rather that wrestling has always been kept away from the mainstream news barring a few very notable examples.

In doing so, it has allowed wrestling to create and promote the culture it has for decades where the industry regulates itself away for high level scrutiny. 

Even the much lauded (at the time) APPG group did, ultimately, fuck all for the industry and was never going to gain any real traction considering the myriad of other issues deemed massively more important by politicians which would always take precedent.

Wrestling is an outlier. Always has been, always will be. Occasionally something will happen that gains it more attention than normal but, ultimately, it is the same screwy, carny business that it has always been.