WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

A new Legend of Zelda has been announced with a trailer and gameplay. I would be lying if I said I was massively excited about it. It's nice to have a smaller game with the Link's Awakening art style again, but I'm not thrilled about playing as Zelda the same way I wouldn't want to play all of a Sonic game as Tails. It looks very gimmicky to make up for the lack of sword and shield.

There's also actual footage of Metroid Prime 4 which until it's out won't believe is real, even with this trailer.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about the Switch in general at this stage. It's taking it's final breaths, a new one is on the way and the further into the PS5/Series X gen we get, the further in the distance the Switch looks. With a 2025 release date I wouldn't be shocked if Metroid makes it's way to the new console.

Yeah, there's always that one game that everyone will be on. I was hoping MVC 3 would be on there, But I was reading, its on PSN? Online is probably dead. And MVC: I was utter shite. I'm shocked they've got non fighting games on there too

• Paid Members

People had been crying out for Punisher to be in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle when that came out. I'm hoping they manage to stick Cadillacs & Dinosaurs out somehow in the future. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Five minutes of planning a river route led to an uninterrupted 2 hour single go at Loop Hero where I took the plunder after *25* loops and two res' on an Act 3 spin -

image.thumb.png.01dde531fb04de2dc711d8f34413b4e8.png

And they say videogames aren't educational.

uber nerd shit =

Spoiler

Ignoring just the route itself where the player (white dude) walks and the surrounding buildings, the coniferous trees add to attack speed (summon speed because of the class in play), the burnt trees buff pure damage, the sand dunes (5 on the right and a row underneath the loot icons) lower HP of enemies and oneself - at a lesser rate.

The river itself doubles the effect of everything touching it, and where the river touches the sand dunes it also lowers the attack speed of both enemies and oneself, the latter of which is offset by the trees buffing.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Love Max losing his mind over this.

Max losing his mind over anything is so good. There's a reason he's the biggest fighting game channel on YouTube.. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The OSW lads have done a whopping deep dive into Elden Ring.

I watched that and have now booted Elden Ring up despite me saying I would never. Found a whole two new areas I never found during my 95 hour playthrough, one of which has two bosses I haven’t done and sucks (The Haligtree).

Edited by FLips

I love The Haligtree until you get to *that* boss, beat them but always with a little cheese.

I'm playing Metro 2033 after finishing all the Stalker titles and ehh.. there's some lovely atmosphere here but it's essentially a corridor shooter that plays the whole horseshoe theory angle to a ridiculous degree. At least I managed to sneak past the "Evil Communists" without killing any and then slaughtered the Nazis.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I love The Haligtree until you get to *that* boss, beat them but always with a little cheese.

I beat them but had to use two player summons to help me. Not to sound ungreatful but after 20-30 attempts I have to ask the question, why are so many people putting themselves forward as summons when they're really bad at the boss and die instantly? It's not helping at all.

In terms of bosses with achievements attached I now only have Mohg the Omen, Placidusax and Regal Ancestor Spirit (I'm sure I beat Regal and Mohg already though so not sure what that's about).

I'm stuck in a rough situation where I know enough control wise to beat bosses but don't know what 90% of my inventory is and have forgotten all the mechanics of the game as I haven't touched it since beating it at launch. I could start a New Game + to work towards the DLC but can't be bothered to play that far back through the main game and then also do the DLC.

• Paid Members

@FLipsthat new Zelda game looks like it has some interesting mechanics with the echo thing. Looks quite puzzle based.