Best Sketches

gmoney

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

This is my favourite ever Two Ronnies sketch. It's criminally unknown but gets regularly quoted in our house. Ronnie Barker is typically smooth as silk with the word play stuff here.

More evidence that Bill Hader is a genius. 

I would say that is probably in the top 3 most famous Two Ronnie sketches, it's certainly one I've seen discussed plenty of times.

Also, you want to talk about the genius of Bill Hader and not include a clip of Stefan? Madness!

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I would say that is probably in the top 3 most famous Two Ronnie sketches, it's certainly one I've seen discussed plenty of times.

Also, you want to talk about the genius of Bill Hader and not include a clip of Stefan? Madness!

Nobody I've ever discussed that Two Ronnies sketch with has ever seen it.

There's something really subtly evil about his character in the clip I posted though. There's so many great Bill Hader clips though, he's brilliant. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Nobody I've ever discussed that Two Ronnies sketch with has ever seen it.

There's something really subtly evil about his character in the clip I posted though. There's so many great Bill Hader clips though, he's brilliant. 

Maybe it’s me. The phrase A Vu N E X is something I repeat whenever any mention of Eggs is made in the house much to the dumbfounding of my daughter and annoyance of my wife 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Maybe it’s me. The phrase A Vu N E X is something I repeat whenever any mention of Eggs is made in the house much to the dumbfounding of my daughter and annoyance of my wife 

Same here, also "Waaaan tee" whenever I'm confirming if someone wants a cuppa. We use S.I.L.L.Y.C.O.W far too often aswell.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I love the most recent Vince Blake one even more. Partly, I'm absolutely terrible with names, so it's pretty much my worst nightmare played out slowly. You can also see him break a little when he's given the (new-to-him) line of "I roll with a group of problematic bachelors and we call ourselves 'The Squad'".

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I love the most recent Vince Blake one even more. Partly, I'm absolutely terrible with names, so it's pretty much my worst nightmare played out slowly. You can also see him break a little when he's given the (new-to-him) line of "I roll with a group of problematic bachelors and we call ourselves 'The Squad'".

I know when him and John Mulaney did Stefan skits, that John would not allow Hader to read the autocue in advance, so everyone of those spiels he is reading live for the first time.