Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Brilliant from Brecel - potting them off the lampshades. Three more for the big one. 

Fun fact - if play doesn't go past the first four frames and to a mid-session interval, they wheel out a couple of the old timers to put on a exhibition for the crowd, so technically they still get a full 'session' of snooker. It's usually Taylor, Parrott and the like running through their trick shots. That's the sort of stuff I grew up watching that made me fall in love with the game so I don't mind that one bit!

Looking forward to this evening’s final session, all this snooker is lovely reward for getting all your bank holiday tasks done in the mornings.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Looking forward to this evening’s final session, all this snooker is lovely reward for getting all your bank holiday tasks done in the mornings.

You’ve given below stairs the night off?

• Paid Members

I'm really, really going to miss it this year when it finishes. It's easy to forget but the World Snooker Championships actually take place over more days than the Olympic Games of all things, so watching it and taking it all in almost becomes a way of life for you once you build up the routine. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I'm really, really going to miss it this year when it finishes. It's easy to forget but the World Snooker Championships actually take place over more days than the Olympic Games of all things, so watching it and taking it all in almost becomes a way of life for you once you build up the routine. 

I've decided I'm going to treat myself for my 40th (2025) and finally go. I was umming and ahhing about next year but was too late for the priority window, even if I only want to attend a couple of sessions. 

Just hope it's still in Sheffield!

Just now, SuperBacon said:

I've decided I'm going to treat myself for my 40th (2025) and finally go. I was umming and ahhing about next year but was too late for the priority window, even if I only want to attend a couple of sessions. 

You should get tickets for every session and wear a different footie shirt each time. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Good lad. If you need a +1 I'll happily join you! 

It will definitely be at the Crucible until at least 2027 - the 50th anniversary. After that, fuck knows, there's talk of Qatar, China, Ally Pally, a new venue in Sheffield, possibly even a new Crucible being built. But you'll be good for your 40th. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You should get tickets for every session and wear a different footie shirt each time. 

Arguing with the ushers: "But this is a Meyba era Barcelona shirt! Look at the state of the rest of these trainspotters!"

• Paid Members

How could I forget the Seniors?! Excellent shout Pork Pie. 

A couple of years ago there was a small prospect of us being asked to cover the qualifiers from round one, the Worlds itself, and then the Seniors all in one sitting. I'd have jumped at the chance to do the full Sheffield marathon. Heartbreakingly we didn't wind up doing any of them, but the dream is still alive. 

I’m not sure how I feel about current players doing commentary and punditry, particularly when they’re the world no 6 in the rankings.  Murphy isn’t going to be impartial when he’s still playing these guys every week.